Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey there, some help if you would.

Options
  • 08-04-2003 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

As the title suggests im looking for a bit of help. Im currently trying to decide what console to invest in for my self. Im thinking that ill go for the Game Cube but i'd appriciate a general view from as many people before i decide to purchase a console. By the way im a new guy on the block so hey to everyone out there.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

in terms of dvd playback and cd playing the game cube doesnt support either and is purely a games console, hense its view as a second console.....however in gaming terms each has its own plusses and minuses and as said in another post look at the games out and coming out to decide what you should buy....ive got a ps2 and am hopefully gettin a gamecube tonite, cant wait as in my opinion at the mo, the gamecube looks the most promising....however i am very biast against the xbox..........what exactly are you lookin for in a console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 altered_relic

im thinking along the lines of the cube cause i just cant get enough of nintendo atm. With the GBA just getting better i thought that id invest in its bigger bro and when i think about it i cant wait for a lot of the games that are predicted on the cube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

me thinks you have your answer there m8, but give a good look around first its a lot of cash to part with.....unless you go over to england to get it in argos or dixions, like me :D , well my brothers gettin it for me......if he doesnt im gonna kill the cunnt.............

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive a ps2 and a gamecube...go for a cube m8 :) unless your mad into movies and you dont have a dvd player, in that case get a ps2, i prefer the games of the cube and its soooo cute also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Aww man you got to get a cube. I have one and Metriod Prime is the best game I've played since Goldeneye. Other class games like Rouge Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness. & they're just the exclsive ones. You won't regret it. Keep an eye on E3 though, coz all 3 of the companys will be showing al there cards as they're in the prime of their console's lifespans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TommyUnderwear

I have both consoles since they were launched and I have to say that lately the GC has been my console of choice. What with Mario, TS2, and Metroid out at the moment and Zelda coming out soon you will have nothing but hours and hours of gaming heaven in front of you. But then again, the cube mightn't tickle your fancy and the PS2 would be for you. And that ain't no bad thing either. The PS2 is still a top console.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Personally, if I were going to buy only one of the current generation of consoles, the only one I'ld consider is the PS2. There is just so much more choice and software selection on it than any other console, and that's just the PS2 stuff - don't forget that it's backwards compatable with the original PSX. The Gamecube is a fine console, and I've been hooked by Metroid, but it seems to be on shakey ground at the moment and could well end up like the N64, with just one game coming out for it everyone month.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I only really use my PS2 for DVD's these days. PC is my fav unless the girlfriend is using it then I may stick vice city into the old PS2.

Never-the-less it still is a great console.

Boog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

could well end up like the N64, with just one game coming out for it everyone month.

I don't really understand this, to be honest... If it's one great game a month, isn't that enough? Do you really buy more than one game every four weeks? They're bloody expensive, after all...

(It's not like the PS2 gets more than one good game a month, usually - in fact I can only count a couple of good PS2 games since Christmas.)

To be quite honest im thinking that the cube is winning this dabate, evenmonre so is the offer that i saw in Extra vision the other day Cube + game(Pikimin was on choice dont know the other two where) for the total price of 199 euro. Much better deal than id get for a PS2. I would have to agree that the number of quality games just out and with more on the way Im nearly sold, but lets see if anyone else wants to give their opinion. oh the fact that the ps2 plays dvds dosent sell me ive got a dvd-rom on my pc for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

I have a PS2 and I just got a Cube last week up North with Mario Sunshine and a memory card for £80!. I got Zelda Wind Waker last week and it's without doubt the most amazing game I have ever played, pure magic!! Quality games like Zelda are enough of a reason, in my opinion, to buy a Gamecube! I also jutt got Metroid Prime but don't have time to play that at the moment, Zelda has taken over my life! :p

for that much dam!! im going to haqve to re think my buying stragety!!! im definitaley going to have to go to dublin at least for the console. any one know the best deal going on there????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I'd say GC for sure.
    Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Tony Hawks 3 + 4, Animal Crossing, Metroid and Zelda next month.
    Plus there's sure to be Pokemon and Mario Kart games out at some point.
    And it looks boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

does anyone want to swap pikmin for luigi or waverace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

PS2 all the way and if you want a second look into a GBA for travel needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

go for the ps2 the games are much better than the gamecube. and there are more of them around.
    beside that most video's shops only rent out ps2 games. so if you buy a gamecube you have to buy the games, and you can't play them before hand.
    PS2 all the way:ninja:

your saying to me that i should buy a GBA for portable needs but i allready own one (and im hooked on tony hawk!!!!) i got that to supplement my PC but now i want a console to fit beside my PS1 my Mega Drive and my Snes(got to love that retro gaming style) so come on people give me some more ideas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

If you want the best go for a ps2 yopu canot get any bette than that, and i would look nice veside your ps1:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a PS2 and a Gamecube. I prefer my PS2 cos I love RPG's. However the Cube has been played far more than it recently since Resi Zero and the sublime Metroid Prime. Just don't get an xbox especially if you are a fan of games and have lots of experience with them. You will be bitterly disappointed.

Advertisement