Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

browser freezing

• 08-04-2003 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭

Some javascript code present in every page on boards.ie is causing browsers to behave erratically when browsing pages. (konqueror told me this when browsing it but it happens with other browsers as well). Maybe it could have something to do with javascript being called on every action or something? browser keeps pausing when I try to move up and down (as if some javascript function is being called).

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've cleaned up the menu code, and Konqueror hasn't frozen on me since, but I've only done a few minutes browsing with it (and it crashed for Fuller, but he isn't 100% sure why). I'll look at this more later if people are still having problems and I've had some sleep.

(making it actually display the menus might be another day's work).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

still getting the warning message.

probably unrelated but get this error message when using mozilla javscript debugger:

Error: syntax error
    Source File: http://www.boards.ie/
    Line: 39, Column: 10
    Source Code:
    file://-->

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Just a warning message or a hang? I haven't had a problem since making those changes last night. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

warning+ general jerkiness. No fatal hangs

Advertisement