Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane _ Center Back!

• 08-04-2003 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Manchester United skipper Roy Keane is poised for a central defensive role in the Champions League quarter-final first leg in Madrid.
    If he is asked to fill in alongside Rio Ferdinand it will be at the expense of Wes Brown, and will mean Mikael Silvestre operating at left back.
    Keane played in defence in the second phase victory over Juventus at Old Trafford and if he is moved back, Ryan Giggs could also be asked to play in the hole behind Ruud van Nistelrooy, where he has been so effective in Europe this season.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would then come into the left-hand side of midfield - having spent some time with in deep discussion with Sir Alex Ferguson as United trained in the Bernabue this morning.
    England duo Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes would form the central midfield pairing, with Juan Sebastian Veron out with a knee injury and Phil Neville is suspended for the game.

What do ye think of the team

BARTEZ

Silvestre Keane Ferdinand Neville

Solskjaer Butt Scholes

Giggs

van N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

thats sky sports by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

So they hoping to beat Real Madrid with ten players? :p

BARTEZ

SILVESTRE KEANE FERDINAND NEVILLE

Solskjaer Butt Scholes Posh

Giggs

van N

SORRY FORGOT ONE!!!:p :D

Thats a strong team and I think it's one of the strongest Ferguson can put out without Veron fit. Keane plays well at centre half and will probably show Ferdinand up again.

Giggs will be effective in the loose role.

It's gona be a tight one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by jonno
    It's gona be a tight one

Dont think so myself. Madrid to win by two clear goals. 2-0 or maybe even 3-1

• Advertisement

I'm trying to jinx them ciano

;)

Ladbrokes have a nice 41-1 bet that Madrid will win 3-1 with Raul to score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Uefa.com UTD line up:

Barthez 1
    Gary Neville 2
    Ferdinand 6
    Beckham 7
    Butt 8
    van Nistelrooij 10
    Giggs 11
    Keane 16
    Scholes 18
    Brown 24
    Silvestre 27

According to that it would seem that keane will not in fact be playing in the back 4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by ciano
    Dont think so myself. Madrid to win by two clear goals. 2-0 or maybe even 3-1

Give that man a prize :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

keane was pretty uninfluential last nite I thought , he fancies himself too much as a superstar mid field general these days, didn't put in enough tackles just stood there called for the ball and passed to non threatening positions. I explain this skill shortfall, misplaced arrogance and genral lack of enthusiam for the game to god punishing him for his well documented snub to the great nation of Ireland ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Do people really have to bring that up every f'ing time Roy Keane is mentioned. It happened nearly a full year ago now so get over it will you. Every time people bad mouth him, others want to defend him. Generally they dont' thankfully, because if they did every thread would be either a United versus Liverpool flame war or a Roy Keane flame war. Next time just say he had a bad game please.

• Advertisement

i don't remember a snub!!:confused:

But thought he played better than most last night.

He's not the player he was but did well enough all the same.
    Do people actually still believe that he is lieing about his medical reasons for quiting. It proves he wasn't.

:)

Advertisement