Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Couple of Test Questions

Options
  • 08-04-2003 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

yes to both questions.
    I forgot to indicate when doing my reverse around the corner in my test, however i did not get penalised for it. Advisable to indicate left if you are reversing around the corner in left direction, from start to completion of turn, not sure if you do it on a straight stretch 'after the turn'.

Do indicate if turning the car in any direction on that 3 point turn and dont forget to look in all directions and don't rush the manouevre !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On 3 point turns, a technique thats handy to use is - if turning right into "point 1" turn the wheel left as you come to a stop, this makes the reversing turn into "point 2" quicker and then do the same again as you reach "point 3".

Does anyone else do this?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

On question 1 I never in my life had my indicator out when doing the reverse around the corner move and I passed my test. If you think about it if a car is coming from behind and see's your indicator and misses your reversing light (be honest they are easy to miss sometimes) they will think you are puled in and not be expecting you to coming reversing back... if you are meant to indicate I really wonder how I didn't even pick up one mark in my test on either signaling or the reversing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dood

I didnt indicate during the reverse round the corner nor in the turnabout and dint get penalised either...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1. Switch it on at the start of your manoeuvre. If it turns itself off as you go around the corner, don't worry about it.. Leave it off.. It'll just be a distraction..

2. Switch it on for the first part of your manoeuvre (as you absolutely must do, every time you go from stationary to pulling out - they will fail you for omitting this), then don't worry about it for the rest of the manoeuvre...

This was how I was instructed from the ISM..
    and yes: I don't know how to spell manouevre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

2. On the three point turn. I indicate while turning left first of all, then I turn off my indicator and reverse, now my question when I drive forward again do I indicate right again?

"indicate while turning left first of all" I might've picked this up wrong but do you not mean "right"????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

(Off topic regarding the indicators)

Don't worry about the doing the three point turn in three points, it is actually called a turnabout IIRC, and doing it in 5 points is perfectly acceptable. You would probably be better off practicing it in 5 points as if you hit the path trying to get an extra bit of a turn for a 3 point turn you'll fail (that part of the test at least, not sure if it would be enough to fail the whole thing if that's all you did wrong). Having said that, the road I had to perform the turnabout on was so wide I was nearly able to just do a u-turn!

• Advertisement
Advertisement