Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscriber Package

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I R TEH TESTING OV TEH BETA WAT I HAX0RED FROM X0R! I EM TEH L44t!! FE3R! MEH SKILZ!?

AAAGG! WHER IS MEH FORTH STAR!¬? i R NOT SAYING MODARATOR UNDAR MEH NAME! PLUS WHY IS MEH TEH NEW HOT PR0N AVATARAR NOT BEEN DISPLAYZORED?

MAK WIT TEH FIXING LIOKE ALRADY!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Maybe. Not soon though.

WAT? J00 SAID THAT ALREEDIE?! Y R J00 A NO0B WIT NO POST COUNT AND R HAF 5 STARZ?

ITZ S0 UNFARE!1!

pS X-MEN WAZ A DAFT FLIM! Y WAZ PIKARD IN R WEELCHARE? DU JOO HAF TEH STEAL NUCKLEZ OV DETH? R J00 SCANING MEH BRANE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

At least youve got a little 'supporter' tag amp, i wasnt even afforded that :p

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

At least youve got a little 'supporter' tag amp, i wasnt even afforded that

I was just about to look into that...

[edit] Found it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Thanks regi :) I feel like a complete person again :p

A

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but I'll ask anyway:
    Can my customised avatar be an animated gif?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I don't know how hard this would be to do, but reading thru ecksors journals I got an idea.
    Any chance of a small shell account? And I do mean small, just something that could host a bouncer maybe?

That is something that I would like to see happen. Although, the facility to host a bouncer or anything else that could cause abuse would be either disallowed or open only to 'supporters' or something else (the issue being traceability rather than money).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why do the blogs not have a button that says "View" as opposed to "discuss"? Or both.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by ecksor
    That is something that I would like to see happen. Although, the facility to host a bouncer or anything else that could cause abuse would be either disallowed or open only to 'supporters' or something else (the issue being traceability rather than money).

Well yes I did have supporters in mind when I thought of it :) , its a service that most people have to pay for anyway, so if it were part of the supporters pack I would *hope* that it might be feasable.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It wont happen with this supporters pack but its something we are interested in looking at later. Something like that doesnt just happen overnight. :)

DeV.

J00 SHUD WERK 4 MIC$ROS0Ft!! WIT ALL J00RR "STEEMWARE"?! PRODUX!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Not sure if this is possible but how about for supporters you bring back the * on forums you haven't viewed in the top nav bar instead of just your subbed forums? I remember you removed this before because it was killing the db but would it be able to handle the number of supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

dont know why no suggested this but will supporters have to see banner ads on the top.

how about a supportes only forum as well?

finally where do i sign for this supporters pack?

Jesus talk about boards taken over your life, they are taking over the world.

well done devore regi cloud and the rest of the boards admin and tech support team.

keep up the mighty work.

just curious as to know when the new index page lauching?

and any word on vbullentin 3

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thorbar, those arent bad ideas but we didnt think of them so they arent going in THIS round of the subscribers pack. We do plan on constantly adding little features for subscribers only (after all, if people are helping us keep the place running we can scratch their backs with features they would like to see).

The idea behind the pack is not so much to make money as to power regi to be able to spend more time coding cool stuff that we want. So, in theory, you should see fewer times when we say "yeah nice idea but we havent the time to implement it".

DeV.

Originally posted by irishgeo
    dont know why no suggested this but will supporters have to see banner ads on the top.

Never thought of that. Wont happen phase 1 as we are almost out of test phase but will think about it. Problem being that some of our ads are not really ads but community announcements (like boards beers, the trek etc) and one of them (Hosting 365) goes to pay for our hosting costs, which we would otherwise have to cover from supporters fees.
    Tricky one, let me think it through.

how about a supporters only forum as well?

Way ahead of ya! :)
    It will be a place for supporters to discuss features they might like to see in future and a sort of coffee lounge for them to hang out.

finally where do i sign for this supporters pack?

Details are being finalised. It will be stress tested by the Mods (to ensure we arent burying our server with it!) and then released to the public. Shouldnt be much more then 2 weeks now, maybe less. We have a few banking issues to sort out (we wont be taking credit cards on day one unfortunately... fncking banks!).

Jesus talk about boards taken over your life, they are taking over the world.

well done devore regi cloud and the rest of the boards admin and tech support team.

keep up the mighty work.

Thanks, we're kinda enjoying it actually :)

just curious as to know when the new index page lauching?

Ask Figment (who's up to his tits in a new job :) ) , nah we are planning to have a look'n'feel for community feedback Real Soon Now and it will be implemented in a few weeks. Go Go Power-Regi.

and any word on vbullentin 3

Dont get me started. Its STILL in feckin beta test. GRRRR.
    Muppets.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Tom,

I dont fancy subscribing on a yearly basis. However, I still want to help out, so is there like a 'gold members' option that I can do a one off 'lifetime' payment ? If so, how much ? :)

Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

/MindPhuck throws a curveball...

• Advertisement

I've always wanted a gold member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

there is a drawback to the one off payment system,

mainly all your revenue will be generated in one financial tax year meaning a whopping tax bill on that capital.with no guarentee of a sustainable takeup of offers the following year to offset the shortfall.

A more viable alternative would be to offer discounts for the following year to subscribers,makes more sense with regards sustainable growth.

Well thats enough corporate speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

that I can do a one off 'lifetime' payment ?

I was going to ask the very same question! I would find this an appealing way to do it as well. Though I'd still go for the annual one if the once off lifetime payment option wasn't possible.

As for the tax drawback, I hardly see the lifetime option being taken up in droves, I mean we'd be talking about at least €200 or so wouldn't we?

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

subscriber packages only to be bought on boards beer ? Not sure if i want to meet up with a bunch of locked pissed Irish geekds :D
    Is there space to save away (store) signature files with the package

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by ecksor
    I've always wanted a gold member.

6666216020066771089.pre.jpg

Originally posted by Wook
    subscriber packages only to be bought on boards beer ?

I'd just send a check somewhere, if thats ok..

[edit] oh its in the store-vg-i'll do it in the next week.
    ...[/edit]

[edit2] thats just the t-shirt-damn[/edit2]

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Suggestion .... how about different colour stars for supporters? Or an icon before or after the stars?

The (Supporter) beside the stars looks a bit out of place.

Anyway, I'll be signing up when its ready. Keep up the good work!

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Do boards have a merchant account now? Can I pay for advertising with a Credit Card?

Also was it fun explaining Boards.ie to the bank manager?

Hoe about a new t-shirt in the shop for 50/60 euros say.
    i assume a receipts is sent via email-so if this is forwarded to some boards address the person is added as a supporter?
    jd

• Advertisement

/me falls over from all the questions.

Um, ok I'll try and answer as many as I can.

1. I doubt the *'s will come back unless we get a hunking great big server (actually, thats pretty likely so keep your fingers crossed) but for the moment, its not going to happen just yet..

2. We've given no thought to a "life-time membership". It might actually be bad for Boards as it means in the future we'd *have* to expand to sustain whatever structure we put in place now. Not sure I like that but I understand (and appreciate) where people are coming from on that. Right now I'll be happy if we get the pack out the door. I REALLY like Clinton's Cat's idea of a lower re-sign-up cost. Thats a loyalty thing in my mind, if you were with us last year, you should get something back for signing up for another year. That gets a thumbs up.

3. Who said you had to come to the Boards beer to buy the pack?? EH? Wouldnt be fair to country people now would it...
    No, we'll take cash/cheques there if people want to give them to us but we'll be putting out Bank Details and will hopefully have a Merchant Account for Credit Card processing soon.

We're going to be taking the t-shirts off-line as the service is too expensive and isnt working as we would like it to.

Balloba, you have no idea what it was like trying to explain Boards.ie to the bank manager. I swear I could see the guy's brain actually break. They still arent sure about giving us a credit card Merchant Account, they are thinking about it :)

Did I miss anything?

DeV.

Advertisement