Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Desktop Icon

Options
  • 08-04-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Im running Win Xp Pro and and show desktop icon is after disappearing of my taskbar............... Does anyone know how to restore this ??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I dont use xp but... try right click and unlock the taskbar to see if it's there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

nope its not there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

It's attached to this message - as it's a command it should work - just save it to your desktop, unzip it and then drag it into your Quicklaunch bar. I had to zip it because you can only attach certain kinds of files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Alternatively if you don't trust the file (it's virus free :D), open notepad, copy and paste the following into it:

[Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop

and save it as:

Show Desktop.scf

making sure to save it as "All files *.*" not .txt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Alternatively you could use the windows key + M combination to minimise all windows, acheving the same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

Nice one thanks Guys Sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Alternatively you could use the windows key + M combination to minimise all windows, acheving the same result.

Or alternatively you could use the windows key + D combination to show the desktop. Subtle difference between this and the method above is that if you press the combination a second time all the windows you just minimised pop up again (but only the windows that were visible when you pressed Win + D - not all windows reopen)

Advertisement