Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Vocalist Seeks band....

Options
  • 08-04-2003 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Not really though...

Just thought I'd give a few of you a giggle...

Anyway what I really want to know is if there's been any progress on the whole Phantom FM charter or whether there is going to be a gig plug sticky or any other such developments in the message board area....

I've not had as much time to sit and stare blankly at a computer screen lately due to anatomy lecturer going on a power trip and giving us two presentations and two exams to do in the final weeks of the semester... And I'm sure I'm not the only one with limited time particularly around exam time

So basicaly(followin that little insight into the trials and tribulations of my existence) I was hoping there could be an upcoming gigs/gig guide sticky on this board so as to limit the amount of time one has to spend searching for gigs which will be on the following weekend...
    if it was updated every monday or something giving people time to check out what's happening in Dublin and surrounding areas over the coming 7days. It could perhaps mirror the phantom fm website gig guide along with extra gigs which might not be mentioned on it.
    People could perhaps PM pete reed with their gigs and he could include them in the sticky.

I don't know how other people feel about this it's just a suggestion. It's not an attempt to stop gig plugs or discussions on the board it's just to make these gig plugs more easily accessible to people who may be tied for time etc.

Thanks anyway
    Regards
    AmZ
    x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Ha...ho...

I recommend ...www.entertainmentireland.com (click on musik) for a gig guide if you're interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I think you've missed my point unknown!

The thing is for people in a hurry they dont have to time to look up numerous webpages.

I use boards all the time particularly to keep updated on the forum which my boyfriend moderates :p as well as the phantom fm message board.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that a gig guide sticky would be helpful It means that people limited on time dont have to trawl through numerous pages to find gig plugs/upcoming events.

Perhaps if the original gig/event plug was linked within the sticky then people could if they wished contribute to the debate/discussion which often preceeds a gig or the post mortem afterwards.

The gigs/events advertised on this message board are more geared towards the music taste/general interest of its users unlike such sites as entertainment ireland or entertainment.ie which contain a more general overview of upcoming gigs also perhaps the smaller gigs/events would not be mentioned on these larger more commercial sites and thus People would miss out/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

There is a Gigs/ Events board here if people used that more often then there would be no need to post about gigs anywhere else.

Yeah FANJ! but they dont!!

it's been argued here before that people shouldn't plug gigs on this board and restrict them to the gigs events board. This doesnt and in my opinion isn't going to happen!

From what I've seen with the exception of a small number of people the users of the phantom board seem to reside in this little universe and do not venture outside of this forum so many probably do not know of or feel the need to know of The gigs/events board.

:ninja: (hehehe ninja)

Perhaps if gig plugs were banned totally from here then it would be an insentive to use the gigs/events board

IF the gigs events board was linked directly from this forum

Why cant there be a gigs sticky here though?!
    i mean why is there such opposition to it?!
    Are people that much against change no matter how small or possibly beneficial that change is??!

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: (hehe more ninjas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fat toni

amen to that......

• Advertisement

It would have to be really well maintained or there would be no point in having it, chaos theroy has gottne us this far but we could control if better on the gigs/ events board.

Have your sticky thread (I'm not against it) but you better hope you have damn good mono rail driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Mono rai...

D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Amz
    I.

I use boards all the time particularly to keep updated on the forum which my boyfriend moderates :p as well as the phantom fm message board.

/

Ah ha! Bringing down the system from the inside! I like your style!:D

There aint no other way!

I tell ya!

First boards.ie next Dublin Daily!

Muahahahahahaha!!!

Originally posted by Amz

First boards.ie next Dublin Daily!

Jaysus woman start smalland work up, go Dublin Daily first. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Amz
    it's been argued here before that people shouldn't plug gigs on this board and restrict them to the gigs events board. This doesnt and in my opinion isn't going to happen!

From what I've seen with the exception of a small number of people the users of the phantom board seem to reside in this little universe and do not venture outside of this forum so many probably do not know of or feel the need to know of The gigs/events board.

i know ive been totally against this upcoming gigs sticky, but i do agree with your time needs to be fulfilled. i think it should stay on phanomt's message board though, coz like you said above ^. i just feel that the gigs posted about here are more relevant to ppl here than the gigs events board. most of the boards on boards.ie i presume, hav spawned out of boards.ie, whearas phantom's message board was around before that, and thought they joined, i feel its still kind of seperate. i was using this message baord for ages before i realsied there were more of them around on baords.ie.

Advertisement