Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Me again with awful problems

• 08-04-2003 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi Again people.

Everything was going good between my g/f and I until suddenly she doesnt contact me for 1 week!?! Her excuse was that she was scared of how long we've being together and she is really stressed with the Junior Cert and has family problems.

I thought she wanted to dump me at first, was 100% sure, then i txt "so does that mean we are broken up?" And her reply. "Oh no, we are far from it. You definetely make my life must happier :)" I was shocked and happy. Day later i notice that all the txts she send me are depressing. Like she changed.

Then i say it she says that she is awfully stressed with the JC and all. I say then so you want a break and she says so causually yeah rite so. Just like that, totally pissed me off, kinda got annoyed that she cud agree so easily then I came up with that she didn't want me anymore, I tell her I'm afraid that i'll loose her. She says Aw don't worry.

That was fine, next night i tell her how great our premises that we got for my company are and she says "Oh and we thought the forigners got treated well" God like thats awful. See companies round me are making housing and importing people to work for them. Right then I ask can we talk, and she says what do you think we shud do and I say i don't know but i feel ur pushing me away and that you've changed. Guess her reply - Yeah i think so too, night donal.

How can she says such a thing so casually!. Then I tell her that i'm her boyfriend she should talk to me bout her probs. She replies - Do you tell me the private problems that happen in your house Donal. Everyone is entitled to their own privacy" God thats terrible thing to say to me when I try to be as understanding as I can. She doesn't txt anymore after that. ( I couldn't ring her cause she was in bed) I sent a line of txts bout how I don't want her to talk to me until she appriciates me and says a small sorry.

She txts today to say that she cudn't reply cause she had no credit and she just got the txts i sent her and that it was very upsetting and that she thought that we were great friends" I txt back apologising saying That i was in a totally bad mood and i didn't mean anything I said. She txts saying that she is using her sisters fone and she cant top up till weekend. Last txt. I sent 1s saying that have her fone on at 11 so I can ring her. its 11 in 20mins from now and I'm going to try and ring her and sort things out once and for all.

Do you think i'm being treated unfairly here. ... I know she is stressed and all but that doesn't mean she can treat me like this.

Tip for stressed: Qoute from a site - "Make Time For Family & Friends: Make relationships a priority!" Thats true but she isn't doing it.

So lads i'm going to try and ring her soon - if i know her well enough she will be in bed or have her fone off.

Tell me what ye think.

./Donal aka Webmonkey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i cant read that man, its giving me a headache...press the enter key a few times plz ! :D

Ok it sounds like this is her first long term relationship (i assume its long term if your taking a break) and she seems scared/shy of the commitment / intimacy,

OR she might just want a fun typey relationship (as yea are doing junior i guess you are about 14/15 ?) In either case i suggest you give her some space , let the ball be in her court :)

If she has lost interest then she should come forward and say instead of messing you about but hey...girls can be evel !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ooops...think im too late...

i wonder if she's goign hot and cold on you...i used to do this all the time to guys, when i just wasnt able to express how i was feeling. i didn't mean to do it i just couldnt act normally. i still do it occasionally to my best friend.she is treating you unfairly but i dont know how you'd go about resolving this if it's something she can't control. try talking to her and do give her space if she asks for it but don't take too much **** coz it's probably not worth it (in my experience and opinion. she's probably not feeling this at all but its just a suggestion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

The junior Cert is a very stressful time for she is probably panicking because its her first state exam. People usually become very self centred around exam time. Just give her time.

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Jeez why not just call the girl, rather than "texting" her ?

How do you get your emotions across in 160 characters ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by ThreadKiller
    Jeez why not just call the girl, rather than "texting" her ?

How do you get your emotions across in 160 characters ?
    Absolutely! the amount of time wasted on all those texts could have been blown away by simply hearing the tone of her voice.

What's the update so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Jeeez man . You need to take a chill .
    your hounding this girl to make you feel good, loved at all times of the day!!
    it doesn't work like that. This sounds like it's requiring far too much effort.

Just tell her your happy with her etc therfore she has no problems as regards you .And she can get on with her study.

If she has problems she doesnt want to tell you ...........well so be it . Do u really need to know absolutely everything. ??

You just need to relax and take it as it comes. Your reading far too much into everything and being too sensitive.

If shes studying for the JC then how often do u expect to she her. I'd say she would see u if see can but just is fairly busy

i would'nt wreck her head any more or she'll dump ya !!!

You've watched far to much Dawsons Creek man. It's fair enough if she doesn't give a fiddlers **** about your company thing. She just doesnt . You cant make her.

You seem too hung up on your emotions, her emotions, politeness to each others emotions, respecting each others emotions. Its far too much man.

I hope I don't sound like you shouldn't love the girl and tell her so as often as you like . But don't expect a heartfelt answer everytime cause u wont get one.

Every relationship is hassle but this one is way too far out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

P.S

U must have blisters on your fingers at this stage.

I hope this doesn't upset ya man. But prepare for the worst. you obviously wanna realy deep thing .........true love etc

Sounds like she doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Chill out, in fairness. Not trying to patronise you but you is only young yet(so am I) and i think i've found that particularly in young relationships i was very quick to react and get worried about things and not sit back and get some perspective. i feel sorry for my gf round exam time. let her know ur not pressuring her, that ur willing to hold on till post exams, etc.

How'd it go nyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

texts have killed the modern romantic relationship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ok back again,

As for txting her instead of ringing her no thats not true - I ring her everynight, or she rings me. EVerynight. Txting only happens when we are in bed or not at home. I just happen to be in bed that night when she was txting. Only reason i coudn't get thru to her by fone was cause her fone was off that week all the time.

Ok well after talking to her lastnight we both said sorry for everything. She said that she was being like a bitch to me and I said no Don't worry your stressed with the exams and all so don't worry what you are doing is normal. I think she was happy to here that. We then talked bout breaking up for a week and getting back again. We both discussed it and we didn't know what to do. I don't know if she wants one or not but I told her its totally what she wants, what ever makes her happy. well we cudn't come up with a decision so she said we will sleep on it and talk again 2moro night (tonight now) So i'll ring her later now to see what happens. At the moment i'm very happy with things and totally understand what she is going through. I'm there to support her all the way or if she needs space then very well. :)

I was in a awful mood the night that i got her txts and stuff...I guess it was because everything between us was "perfect" and suddenly this comes and I wasn't used of it and couldn't cope. After the JC now things should be good and I hope to have a great summer with her - hopefully!

Talk to ye laters. Appreciate all the comments :)

./Webmonkey

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Jeeez man . You need to take a chill .
    your hounding this girl to make you feel good, loved at all times of the day!!
    it doesn't work like that. This sounds like it's requiring far too much effort.

Just tell her your happy with her etc therfore she has no problems as regards you .And she can get on with her study.

If she has problems she doesnt want to tell you ...........well so be it . Do u really need to know absolutely everything. ??

You just need to relax and take it as it comes. Your reading far too much into everything and being too sensitive.

If shes studying for the JC then how often do u expect to she her. I'd say she would see u if see can but just is fairly busy

i would'nt wreck her head any more or she'll dump ya !!!

You've watched far to much Dawsons Creek man. It's fair enough if she doesn't give a fiddlers **** about your company thing. She just doesnt . You cant make her.

You seem too hung up on your emotions, her emotions, politeness to each others emotions, respecting each others emotions. Its far too much man.

I hope I don't sound like you shouldn't love the girl and tell her so as often as you like . But don't expect a heartfelt answer everytime cause u wont get one.

Every relationship is hassle but this one is way too far out there.

allthough i agree with you take it easy on the gyu jeez !

Advertisement