Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC!!!:(

Options
  • 05-05-1998 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Whats the story the ops in IRC myself and thinker had problems last night.
    i was kicked 5 times and was banned by some one for another 5 minutes.
    I think you should change the way people are made ops.
    One person from each clan should be on the chanserv thing and they can then give ops to there members. They can then be held responsible if that member causes trouble by kicking people.
    J,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Whats the story the ops in IRC myself and thinker had problems last night.
    : i was kicked 5 times and was banned by some one for another 5 minutes.
    : I think you should change the way people are made ops.
    : One person from each clan should be on the chanserv thing and they can then give ops to there members. They can then be held responsible if that member causes trouble by kicking people.
    : J,
    I think that the Chanserv is messed up ( had to watch me cursing there) and anyone can be opped at the moment, normally ops has to be set up by Shiva. Could be totally wrong though.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: : Whats the story the ops in IRC myself and thinker had problems last night.
    : : i was kicked 5 times and was banned by some one for another 5 minutes.
    : : I think you should change the way people are made ops.
    : : One person from each clan should be on the chanserv thing and they can then give ops to there members. They can then be held responsible if that member causes trouble by kicking people.
    : : J,
    : I think that the Chanserv is messed up ( had to watch me cursing there) and anyone can be opped at the moment, normally ops has to be set up by Shiva. Could be totally wrong though.

Yeah, Chanserv was fecked up beyond all recognition! :) And, uhh, people got ops easily. Chaos, AFAIK, the clan leader of every clan IS listed with Chanserv as being a #Quake op. ClanDestine never specified their Clan Leader though. Also, there's no guarantee that your clan leader will be around if/when hassle occures. Mostly though, people use common decency and there's no hassle, it's just that with Chanserv going, things got a little chaotic!

Thinker.

Advertisement