Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN

Options
  • 05-05-1998 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I keep hearing about Vexorg's massive packet loss with his ISDN.
    Is this due to that famous joystick.
    Or is it a devious plan to turn ppl off the idea of getting there own ISDN so Vex can have an advantage!I think this has conspiricy written all over it.
    And Rookie do u suffer from this packet loss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I keep hearing about Vexorg's massive packet loss with his ISDN.
    : Is this due to that famous joystick.
    : Or is it a devious plan to turn ppl off the idea of getting there own ISDN so Vex can have an advantage!I think this has conspiricy written all over it.
    : And Rookie do u suffer from this packet loss?

Nope... most of the time I get packet loss of between 1 and 3%, thats with the standard settings.

I suppose I could improve on that if I tweaked a bit (hehe)

RooK's (average UNLAGGED quaker player)

Nem the only prob I have is with ISDN is that i've ran out of excuses for being fragged :))).

: : I keep hearing about Vexorg's massive packet loss with his ISDN.
    : : Is this due to that famous joystick.
    : : Or is it a devious plan to turn ppl off the idea of getting there own ISDN so Vex can have an advantage!I think this has conspiricy written all over it.
    : : And Rookie do u suffer from this packet loss?

: Nope... most of the time I get packet loss of between 1 and 3%, thats with the standard settings.

: I suppose I could improve on that if I tweaked a bit (hehe)

: RooK's (average UNLAGGED quaker player)

: Nem the only prob I have is with ISDN is that i've ran out of excuses for being fragged :))).

I was using Vex's ISDN last night againt you Rookie and it wasn't nice. It took ages to connect and load up a map, the sound kept coming and going and frames were being skipped a lot. One time I fired at where I thought you'd appear, I heard no sound at all and the next frame showed your backpack on the ground. Very confusing.

: I was using Vex's ISDN last night againt you Rookie and it wasn't nice. It took ages to connect and load up a map, the sound kept coming and going and frames were being skipped a lot. One time I fired at where I thought you'd appear, I heard no sound at all and the next frame showed your backpack on the ground. Very confusing.

Sounds a little like what college lpb can often be like... 50% packet loss, huge sessions of freeze... but then again, mostly its fine.

dan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Was my previous response moderated?

: I keep hearing about Vexorg's massive packet loss with his ISDN.

I only get packet loss on Vanilla and I think I have that sorted now. Payablity is way better, I do ok on CA and some duels and I havn't a clue or the desire to learn DM.
    : Is this due to that famous joystick.

LOL yeah!
    : Or is it a devious plan to turn ppl off the idea of getting there own ISDN so Vex can have an advantage!I think this has conspiricy written all over it.

Hey now I shoudl be on commission from telecom, the number of ppl who have used my line and want , no need isdn, and the fact that Ive supplied four terminal adapters to people. I say get ISDN, it rocks and makes quake way more enjoyable to play, except for the fact that ppl just leave the server now when I come on.

Do I smell or am I a just an LPB. yeah BOTH I know!.

: And Rookie do u suffer from this packet loss?

Hope this response passes the censor!, the last one wasnt bad!

Advertisement