Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best method of complaint ?

• 09-04-2003 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

So what would you do ?

I left my phone (7650) into the telephone repair centre on Dawson Street yesterday to have the dust cleaned out from in under the screen , which is warranty job.

I collected the phone today and was happy with the job they had done , next sitting on the bus home i turn on my phone , after a few minutes i notice that it is initilizing a GPRS connection. I went into my messaging outbox and it was in the process of sending 2 picture messages.

I managed to have a look at the messages before they where sent and they where pictures i had on my phone that where being sent to a hotmail address , unfortunatly i cant remember the address as i quickly deleted them so i would not be charged.

The thing that is really pissing me off is that this person decided to browse through my personal pictures and send the ones he like to his hotmail address. I find this to be a major invasion of privacy and to top it off the little bastard wanted me to pay his messages.

I know there is very little i can do as i dont remember the hotmail address but i do have a telephone number in my log of a txt message this person recieved.

Am i wasting my time just phoning up and complaining over the phone ? What would you do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The 7650 has a "sent" folder, you can find his addess there duh ! why did it only send them once you turned it on ? doesnt make much sence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

they wouldn't appear in the "sent" folder unless they were actually sent - he said he had deleted them before that happend

if they were sitting in the outbox it is possible they could send at a later time - if you ever notice an MMS failing it will try and resend later

BrianG

Advertisement