Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theres a cricket in my laptop..

• 09-04-2003 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Thought it was the HD at first but Bizarre interference is making
    little cricket noises through my little harmon kardon satelite speakers.. thought i was going nuts for a while there..

Time to start wearing camo gear and surround my desk with shrubs.

Anyone else have a simular "feature" ?

Its a Docked Dell Latitude C840 btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Had a similar problem with my laptop - noticed mine through the headphones.
    Problem was that the headphones socket was next to the infra-red port and when the infra-red was scanning for devices it gave a cricket sounding on the headphones.
    Solution was to disable the infra-red port in device manager. This could then be enabled when I needed to use it.

Different make of laptop so can't be sure it will work for you but sounds plausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

By any chance dougal, was you laptop a Toshiba Satelite Pro 4600 or similar.
    I get the same problem on my laptop of the above mentioned model. I had no idea what was doing it, I assumed I had a faulty connection somewhere. You're explanation makes so much sense!
    Goodbye my little di,di,di,di,di ....................... di,di,di,di,di :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

what you need to do is get a small lizard and put it in the cdrom tray, that should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shanerie

Correct on both counts dougal, well done.

p.s. installing gecko dosnt help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

By any chance dougal, was you laptop a Toshiba Satelite Pro 4600 or similar.
    It sure was Raz - it's definitely bye bye to jimmy cricket for you!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement