Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hard rock - trance and real techno music in cork

• 09-04-2003 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

hi there... me is a newbie in here...(believe it or not :-D).

Is there any night clubs which put like Trance music, Hard rock, and real techno (Ie not commercial stuff... I can do that on my own at home :-) )...

If anybody knows any places... please drop me a line ..

(I'm french... so don't really know the place yet :-) ).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by super_canard
    hi there... me is a newbie in here...(believe it or not :-D).

Is there any night clubs which put like Trance music, Hard rock, and real techno (Ie not commercial stuff... I can do that on my own at home :-) )...

If anybody knows any places... please drop me a line ..

(I'm french... so don't really know the place yet :-) ).

Try The Crowbar for hard rock, it's next to the Grand Parade Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭super_canard

I'll try that.. is it all nights or only specific nights of the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I thought the crowbar shut down ages ago ?

don't say that! LOL

Or I'll buy it...and re-open it! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Pubs near the Grand Parade hotel tend to be well dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

real techno, try club renaissance this friday nite its just off patrick street, its fukking good nite too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Where is this ?

club renaissance, cough*the pav*cough, on the same street as side tracks i think, not sure what street me is an out of towner.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

cork is almost all hip hop & rnb (boo..!) renaissance & maybe Club One are about the only places id say if your lucky.

oki thanx for the info guys :-)))

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

The cab driver told me it was the easiest "pickup" point? LOL
    Any confirmations/comments on that? :-D

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I think Sidetrax was the club where the bouncers killed a guy.

that will remind me of home then (france).
    people killes in night clubs and easy chicks.. .:-D that will be a chnage...lol

mike

Originally posted by daveirl
    No it's not!

Club Renaissance [Formerly The Pav] is on Carey's Lane which runs from Patrick's St., to Paul St. It's just next to French Connection.

i stand corrected, but that is where i was talkin about believe it or not.....where is sidetrax so?

Damn it people... somebody could have told me that sunday was a gay night out...
    Never had so many males asking me out! LOL
    Too bad I'm straight... would have been successfull... several times! LOL
    Why are women's that difficult to get... when the guys are begging for it! LOL (as in gays... u know? :-D )

The sidetrax is near the Qube... From grand parade, walk up on oliver plunkett street, take the first side alley on the right.. (as in tiny really)...
    Couldn't get there last night... the bouncers told me it was disco (yyyuuuuccckkk :-) ).
    Got to the Club one on satruday... Dj was pretty good... that's a change LOL

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by super_canard
    Damn it people... somebody could have told me that sunday was a gay night out...

Its Gay night in the Savoy the last Sunday every month. Its not a city wide event. If you don't want to be chatted up by guys don't go to the Savoy the last Sun of the month.

There are only two gay bars in Cork - Taboo and Loafers and one gay club called "The Other Place" , everywhere else is pretty much Heteroville. The Bodega and the Roundy have a mixed crowd. The white room upstairs in the Bodega would be more gay than straight if memory serves.

just to makes things clear I have nothing agtainst gay peoples :-D
    (especially when they buy me drinks and compliment me... after all still nice to feel wanted :-D even if it's just for my ass.. a confidence boost really :-D )

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

Dave Couse (ex A-House frontman) supported by Niall Connolly are in the Gasworks on Fri 30th May (early gig) as part of Planet of Sound, he’s getting a lot of press for his new album so it could well be worth attending.

tickets on sale very soon from Plugd Records & the Maltings Bar

Other shows coming up worth knowing about:

Ruby Sessions featuring Nina Hynes - Half Moon - May 15th
    Damian dempsey - Half Moon - May 16th
    The Apes + party of Helicopters - Lobby 3pm, May 17th
    The Apes + party of Helicopters - Pine Lodge, Myrtleville 9pm, May 17th
    Norman Jay - Blue angel - inite only - t.b.c.
    Fred - Half Moon - May 21
    Niall Power/Jamie Behan/Lucifer John Friday - Club renaissance - May 23
    jazzy Jeff - savoy - May 23
    Alice Macheso - Half Moon - May 25
    Soulsmash - Club One - May 28
    Relish - Savoy - May 29
    Justin Sullivan (new model army) - Half Moon - May 29
    Phil Kay - Everyman - May 30
    Adam beyer - Club renaissance - May 30
    Cider Festival - franciscan well - May 31/June 1st
    Maria McKee - Half Moon - May 31
    Acid Mothers Temple soul collective - Lobby - May 31
    Juice Machine - Blue Angel - May 31
    Jetplane Landing & rest - Lobby - June 1st
    V/VM - Lobby - June 7th
    Salt - Half Moon - June 12
    Deirdre O'Kane - City Limits - June 13 & 14
    Damien Jurado - Lobby - June 14
    Hyperborea, Stanley super 800/Fred - Everyman - June 19
    Cat Power - half moon - June 23
    Boa Morte, Niall Connolly, Annette Buckley - Everyman - June 25
    John Butcher - Triskel - June 28
    Sea and Cake - Half Moon - July 4th
    Calexico - Half Moon - July 12

loads more t.b.c. so stay tuned folks or e-mail me on jcomic@indigo.ieBack to top

Niall Power/Jamie Behan/Lucifer John Friday - Club renaissance - May 23

nice one the last two have been excelent.........

how often do you post jimcomic? its good to see a list of whats on in cork posted up somewhere........being an out of towner i usually miss/dont hear about whats happening in cork at nite

• Advertisement

I post whenever I have news worth posting about!

stay tuned for more info as I get it.

e-mail me if you want me to add you to my database
    I do

comedy news mail-outs
    theatre news mail outs
    live music new mail outs
    dance music news mail out

just let me know which ones you're interested in

jcomic@indigo.ie

Dave Couse, Niall Connolly and Paddy O'Herlihy

Dave Couse, formerly of A-House, will be playing an early gig at Planet of Sound (Gasworks nightclub, Cork) on May 30th.

A-House are widely considered to be one of the most credible bands that this country has ever produced. Indeed their album 'I Am The Greatest' is one of the promoters' own personal favourite Irish albums of all time, though many fans think 'No More Apologies' was their best album.

A-House songs made it onto both editions of Tom Dunne's 'Best Irish Songs Ever'.

Dave will be playing songs from both A-House greatest hits (released last year) and his new critically acclaimed album 'Genes'.

The Irish Times
    '....a strong and welcome return....many wonderfully askew moments. Couse hasn't in any way lost his creative touch, direction or purpose.' *** '......one of the most literate lyricists this country has ever produced. A great solo debut, Genes is replete with classics-in-waiting like Familiar Feeling and Everybody's Got Their Own Troubles' Irish Independent
    '......Couse has delivered a warm, introspective album.Genes marks a very welcome return'****

On the night 2 of Cork's most promising singer/songwriters will be supporting Dave, Niall Connolly who most likely doesn't need an introduction and Paddy O'Herlihy. Paddy's appearance will make this a rare treat as he doesn't perform live too often. He has been writing songs for years and has a great voice, some of you may remember Paddy from our Leonard Cohen tribute night.

Tickets are only €8.50 and include free entry to Planet of Sound
    (which is like a gig for €3.50 !!!!!!)
    Tickets available from Plugd Records and The Malting's Bar.

just received the following:

The Lobby will be closed all day Sat 17th May due to a family bereavement so The Apes afternoon all ages Lobby show is cancelled.

The Apes still play Pine Lodge, Myrtleville at 9pm, may 17th - free show - over 18’s

Melt Banana
    +Daemien Frost
    Half Moon Theatre, Cork
    Tues 4TH Nov
    Doors 10PM
    over 18's
    TICKETS 10.50 EURO FROM HALF MOON + OPERA HOUSE BOX OFFICE - 021-4270022

Out of the old ashes sizzle and scream a new wave realisation called Melt Banana. A maelstrom of experimental heart surgery, Melt Banana walk on water. They effortlessly juggle all of those sharks that think they're swimming in new, unexplored territories.

Melt Banana is made up of two ladies and two fellas that hail from Tokyo's ferocious underground. They sweat out a super-adrenalized, maxi-caffeinated collision of frenzied drum rhythms and torturous guitar squeals through tiny, frantic, hyper-rhythmic little songs.

They have just released their new album "Cell-Scape" on their own record label (A-Zap Records) to tremendous acclaim from the alternative music press.

- a bandicoot promotion -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement