Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That gibbin feeling

Options
  • 05-05-1998 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Ok this is more lpb/hpw bullsh1t :)
    Do u LPB's (a nice bunch) enjoy splattering HPW's as much as a LPB?
    Would u enjoy gibbin Lorcan (very hpw, poor sod)more or say a fellow LPB'er.
    Do u find yourself goin woohooo when u join a server and see that u are the only LPB there.Or do u say to yourself
    this will be a load of sh1te.
    These are the moral questions I am asking myself b4 I get ISDN.
    Oh GOD I CANT WAIT :))
    And another thing could someone get Lorcan a decent modem because during the weekend he was pretty awesome with 300'ish ping on CA.I'd love to see what he could do as a LPB on-line :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

: Do u find yourself goin woohooo when u join a server and see that u are the only LPB there.Or do u say to yourself wooohooooo

When i get the chance to be a LPB thats what i do:):)

Why would you want ISDn sure you kick @ss as you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When I play as an LPB from UCG, I only enjoy playing another lpb. When you play a hpb, you don't get anything out of it - if you win, you get no satisfaction because you're an lpb. If you lose - you feel like a total muppet cos you couldn't even win as an lpb.

Ping isn't the most important thing in a game at all, especially in 1-1's. It only really matters in a shootout and dead good hpb players hardly ever get into shootouts. A couple of weeks ago I played an lpb rookie and won I think, and then played BC and got mangled on DM4 (one of my fav 1-1 levels). My ping was half his, but we never got into shootouts - I was always treading onto grenades and walking into rockets around corners. Other top hpb'ers like Tomb and Von did similar things to me that same day in melee's.

This debate thingy about which are better on average - hpb's or lpb's. Most people seem to think that hpb's are on average worse cos of slower reactions, etc. I disagree - I think that most top class HPB's are inherently smarter players (since they have to be). They time items, use sound, predict locations and plan routes a lot better than their lpb counterparts. Now, you would get the odd really smart lpb who is good at all this AND has the better shooting/reactions of an lpb. However, I'd say there's very few since they can get respectable scores without having to prefect all these difficult skills. Thres says in his post-ferrari interview that reaction speed is of almost no importance to a REALLY good player. It's all tactics and outsmarting.

: Ok this is more lpb/hpw bullsh1t :)
    : Do u LPB's (a nice bunch) enjoy splattering HPW's as much as a LPB?
    : Would u enjoy gibbin Lorcan (very hpw, poor sod)more or say a fellow LPB'er.
    : Do u find yourself goin woohooo when u join a server and see that u are the only LPB there.Or do u say to yourself
    : this will be a load of sh1te.
    : These are the moral questions I am asking myself b4 I get ISDN.
    : Oh GOD I CANT WAIT :))
    : And another thing could someone get Lorcan a decent modem because during the weekend he was pretty awesome with 300'ish ping on CA.I'd love to see what he could do as a LPB on-line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

: Ok this is more lpb/hpw bullsh1t :)
    : Do u LPB's (a nice bunch) enjoy splattering HPW's as much as a LPB?
    : Would u enjoy gibbin Lorcan (very hpw, poor sod)more or say a fellow LPB'er.
    : Do u find yourself goin woohooo when u join a server and see that u are the only LPB there.Or do u say to yourself
    : this will be a load of sh1te.
    : These are the moral questions I am asking myself b4 I get ISDN.
    : Oh GOD I CANT WAIT :))

Right, good questions. Well to be honest this all really
    depends on how I feel on the day. If im feeling
    on top of the world and generally indestructable then
    I much prefer playing LPB's as at least you know
    you are on an even footing with the opposition
    and any frags you score in excess of theirs gives
    you a warm squishy feeling inside.

If however (as is fairly common) I arrive in with a
    hangover of one kind or another, then I often go for
    a nice relaxing slow game in a ffa against lots of
    hpw's for a few minutes. Being HPW's it means I dont
    have to tax my reaction time too much, going easy on the
    old headache, plus I often end up leading despite playing
    fairly crap. Its a great way to relax, and all you HPW's
    are dead jealous you cant try it out every now and again.
    For a serious game of any kind though, I prefer playing against
    LPB's plus if im on form i'll never join into a HPW ffa.

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I prefer when there's a good few LPB's on because I have to react faster and it's more challenging (I'm not saying anything bad about high pingers though, they physically just can't react as quickly as low pingers).
    I like being challenged because it's the only way to improve your game.
    Get your ISDN ASAFP. Low pings and fast reactions are the only way to go.
    That answer your question?

.....................Colm

Advertisement