Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Invasion - Death Tolls

Options
  • 09-04-2003 2:40pm

might seem an odd question, but everyone talks about how thousands were dying in Iraq before the invasion. But how many of them were directly at the hands of Saddam, and his goons? I'm not talking about those people that died due the sanctions, or how many he's killed over the last 12 years.

How many did saddam and his goons actually kill each year? (approx. of course since he's hidden alot of massacres)

P.S. please don't include the Kurds. I'm aware of what happened, but it was over 8 years ago. So please if you have any info, can you keep it within the last 8 years?

cheers

Comments

no ideas anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Try browsing hrw.org or amnesty international.

From what i have read seen,most of sadamns activities post 91 rebellion have been fairly low key intimidation and state terrorism,(not to be confused with international terrorism).Random punishment beatings,intimidation including torture and rape of polital opposition families.And death squads whose main targets have been prostitutes and drug addicts.
    The numbers might not be as high as in specific campaigns such as Anfal and the post Kuwait invasion,but that doesnt mean that the state apperatus had attrophied.

Advertisement