Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion is over?Now i start to worry

Options
  • 09-04-2003 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

OK
    So they went in, showed off there toys, made a lot of noise and scared the dung out of the camels.
    For better or worse looks the the end.......of chapter 1??
    Because this all seems to have gone so swimmingly for the USA I am worried that this is gonna give them soo much cockyness/confidence that they are gonna get it in thier heads that they can stage repeat performances in Iran/Syria/N.Korea/France...
    u get the idea.
    Is a quick 'clean' invasion like the one that just happend the worst possible outcome?
    Maybe they should have got there arses spanked just a little bit so they will think twice about who they are going to 'display' thier technology.
    Now I get worried boys and girls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I think we can safely say the Us will not be waging war against France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

My apoligies Mr.Dave for my attempt at a joke.

its one thing to take on a second rate country, that nobody really cared all that much for. France on the other hand is in the heart of Europe. No European nation would allow it. Besides, the French have Nukes, and their Foreign Legion is one of the best Veteren Army in the world.

As for N.Korea. The US would be facing a nuclear power, with a first rate army. Even with only support from China, N.Korea is too dangerous a target.

As for Syria/Iran. If they want to unite the Arab nations together, then this is the way to do it. The US will be facing, combined some of the richest countries in the world, who could easily buy in support. Already between them, they have standing armies that Rival most other European countries.

In the end i don't know where they will attack. The fact that they'll attack someone, is definite in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

*No need to apologise just don't do it again ;)

*Joke

Guess i don't have a sense of humour anymore... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

While I doubt that the US will attack France, the truth is that about ten years ago I would have said we can safely say the US will not break international law, will not break the UN Charter, will not break the various conventions on Human Rights and Prisioners of War, and will not retract its agreements per the nuclear non proliferation treaty. I was wrong about all those, so I think anything is possible if the US is not brought under control in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

You took the cheese right outta my mouth.

I am not a pacifist/hippy type. I am agianst the war.
    That it is over I am glad but a good black eye is what america needs. I hope politically this will be the case in some way.
    But where is Mr.Bush leading the world ultimatly?

That quote from Aliens springs to mind:

"We're on an express elevator to hell, going Down!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by klaz
    As for Syria/Iran. If they want to unite the Arab nations together, then this is the way to do it.
    Point of Information: Iran isn't an Arab Nation, they speak Farsi, not Arabic, they are Shia, not Sunni, etc., etc.

http://home.eircom.net/content/reuters/worldnews/517092?view=Eircomnet
    U.S. warns countries over weapons
    Wednesday, 9th April, 2003
    By Philip Pullella

ROME (Reuters) - The United States is warning countries it has accused of pursuing weapons of mass destruction, including Iran, Syria and North Korea, to "draw the appropriate lesson from Iraq".
    I wonder if the lesson is make sure your WMDs work and use them as early as possible?

Advertisement