Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cbr 250 rr

Options
  • 09-04-2003 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

cbr 250 rr for sale

absolutely immaculate
    only 7000kms on the clock
    only in the country since oct- jap import
    red screen
    250 cc

4800 euro
    ring 087 2280128 or post here if interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I think you might be asking for a tad too much there jim. Thats bordering on large bike prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

And you forgot to mention which year it was manufactured....

'91-'93 go for between €3,200 - €4,800 from RedLine in Rathdrum, and are sold with a brief warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

And that bike could have been used for street racing, if it is you could some serious problem in the next few months,
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

This is my brothers bike.

He has it 6 months or so if thats the case, got it imported specially by a dealer (and waited quite a while for it to come in too), with a warranty, probably expired now, it has absolutely not been used for 'street racing' or even ridden hard for that matter not during his ownership at least, does this kind of thing go on here even ? Seems a bit Fast and Furious to me.

I think its year is 1996. Regardless, its a very well cared for machine, that spends most of it's time being polished. In fact I'm not sure how he can bring himself to part with it.

He's getting rid of it, because via some absurd fluke an insurance company gave him a really low quote on a car and he jumped at it.

I'll try help him out and take some pictures of it with the digital camera and put them up somewhere in the next day or so.

Bugs, I'm not a great bike buff myself, but a quick scan on the various sites would indicate that the price is not too high at all, with some of the same year going for up to 6k ! And as far as I can tell looking at the web, this bike may as well be a 'Big Bike' in performance terms at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

I know of a 96 CBR 250RR.For sale.
    Its a cousin of mine who is selling it.He`s already upgraded to a 600cc and wants a quick sale.Its black with custom paint on the belly.Just got new chain and sprockets and its running like a dream.He`s looking €3000 for it but might take less.
    Anyone interested let me know and I`ll forward you his details

• Advertisement

As you can tell this bike is cheap but good fun doesn`t have to be expensive.Quigs Snr has the same bike for a lot more than the one I`m selling.
    I also forgot to mention this bike has been in Ireland over 2 years so any problems from Japan would have rared their dirty little heads by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

QuigsSnr: I think its year is 1996
    If that is the case, then I reckon it's pretty good value (esp. becaus eof the low mileage)...
    BoDuke: He`s looking €3000
    Even better value!

Btw: Where's the belly of the bike? Is that the technical term? :D
    BoDuke: for a lot more than the one I`m selling.
    I thought it belonged to a cousing of yours?

Shouldn't you guys be posting on the ForSale board anyway?

I'm not actually selling. Quigs (My brother), not Quigs Snr is selling.

PS: Bo Duke, you're selling that bike well below it's market rate. Look at the buy and sell or any of the magazines out there.

Whats the catch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Both bikes could be in mint conditions but 4800 for 250cc mixer is bit of overkill. 3-3.5k will be about right for the bike. The fact that you can see them for more in Buy and sell doesn't state that they actually sell.

• Advertisement

The belly of the bike is the lower part of the fairings.The bike is black witha yellowy orange front mudgard and under the fairingit started yellow then orange then all black.
    Now the catch
    He took a spill from it last May.It wasn`t bad but it went down on the exhaust side and left the exhaust blowing a little.The front fairing was replaced and other wise the bike is as straight as an arrow.He bought an Art can but it didn`t fit.The only one I think that fits is a Micron.So instead he bought a brand new Bandit 600.
    I said I was selling it because it was just easier to type.If your interested let me know and we`ll go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Quigs

well bo duke i think your friend is going to sell the cbr for way too cheap .... you will find that mint cbr 250s go for around 5-6 grand.... and my own is as clean as they come anyway if anyone is genuinely interested in it let me know

Gmodified

The cc is irrelevant, that is the going rate for that model bike.

If we rated cars in the same way, I could buy a BMW 320i for the same price as a 2.0 mondeo !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

may as well be a big bike in performance terms!!!!
    thats funny im sorry, it fails to out perform my rs125 which i regard as a tiny little toy, anythin above it(400 on) will hammer it off the face of the earth, it is a small small bike in performace terms

an aprilia 125 is a 2 S-T-R-O-K-E!!!!!! and yes they are fast but at the end of the day it sounds like a hair dryer and id rather be on a 4 stroke 250 any day of the week.... and in a couple of years your 125 will have the ****e driven out of it.... dont get me wrong i like the rs125 but at the end of the day a cbr 250 will do top speeds everyday of the week ... will the rs ???and i have raced rs 125s in the past and i shat all over them....i assume youve driven cbrs have ya???

anyway seeming as this is a for sale post lets keep it this way lads cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

In fairness, its a decent price in regards to the market at the moment. (its still over-priced for what it is, but you'd be stupid for asking for less i guess)
    A few years ago when insurance wasn't so crippling, cbr250's in good condition went for about 3000. But you wouldn't find many above that. They now go for as much as a 400, mainly due to the fact that they're insurable, being in group 5.

They're actually regarded as an exotic grey import in pretty much every country bar ireland where theres bucket loads of them. They go for large cash in the UK.

Quigs
    Don't get me wrong as I am not trying to sabotage your sale but:

there is only one similarity between CBR250 and BMW -

They both overpriced

Definitely doesn't have the same impact in biking world.. It could be exotic bike and have decent performance but still will be classified as small 250cc mixer with sporty accent which probably makes sense in Japan.
    Performance to price ratio is really poor as you are getting a OK performance for mad money.
    It just doesn't make sense, unless you real fan of this bike.

And don't be fooled by engine size because bike is hard to insure.
    Here insurance is big factor and has impact on bike&car prices.

There will be only special kind of pople buying this bike so you have better chance selling this in Buy and Sell or Bike Trader

it is in the buy and sell

ive raced agaisnt fzr 250's cbr250's a hornet 250 and a zxr250
    off the mark the 4 strokes are a little quicker but between 20 and 90 they run side by side
    i have hammered many cbrs thru twisties, the rs corners infinitely better than the cbr and u will not get away from an rs125 thats driven properly, i left all 250s except for 1 miles behind me when i went on the way west rally in connemara last year on the rs125
    the cbr is a TINY bit quicker in a straight, u said it has big bike performance, i think the rs125 is a fun but really slow toy
    i also have an rs250, if u wanna see a 250 that can actually stay with big bikes :)

Feel free to close down the thread now. Market Value of the bike is as stated, go into a dealer and get a better one cheaper and you are a liar. Regardless of performance etc.... It was me who made the big bike comment, based on a fanboy web site I read, I don't know that much of the bike in truth except what was paid for it, and what they go for. I don't care if they are worth it or not.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't get excited about it. Just keep advertising the bike every week and remember that you need only one guy
    which loves this kind of bike. In regards to the opinions - as previously seen on these boards

"Opinions are like asrseholes, everybody seems to have one."

So there goes another one:

Well, Batmam_oh
    RS125 maybe corners fast but is dead slow on the straight. Unreliable bike which requires to run on sysntetic to get you anywhere.
    Where comes to RS250, the best way to enjoy this bike is on the track. Road riding on the RS250 is could be little nightmare.
    RS also requires rebuild every 10000miles which is not everybody's cup of tea.

CBR 250 maybe sounds like tuned veg mixer but Rs sounds more like chain saw for loonies

Does Robin have one?

as i said the rs125 is a toy, and if its dead slow on a staright so is the cbr 250 which is a miniscule amount quicker
    thats all i was sayin, and 0-60 in 6 seconds isnt considered dead slow unless u drive another bigger bike, it leaves 90% of cars for **** off the mark

Advertisement