Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word XP Question

Options
  • 09-04-2003 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

How do I run the "Table to text" command on all tables in a document? I have a document that is 60 pages long and has over 100 tables. All tables are 1 column, so the formatting isn't going to get screwed up too much by converting them.

There is alot of formatting on the text (styles etc.), so I'd rather not copy to notepad and paste back.

Any suggestions?

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I know it's still longsome enough, but perhaps browse by table using the arrows on the bottom right, and do the convert table to text on the first, then 'ctrl+y' the rest individually - won't take that long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

copy the section into a new doc and into file / save as a format that has style but no tables - maybe word 2 or wordperfect or RTF - try them all to see which works best.

PS. tools - options - save - disable features not supported by word 97. This might affect some tables - but means you can share your DOC's with almost anyone. Also tick in always create backup copy while you are there.

PPS. Every version of word I've used screws up tables frequently - and of course you can't copy them into and out of Excel (Hint) without totally trashing any widths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks, but I used dun_do_bheal's suggestion. The combination of browsing by table and using redo worked a treat. It took me less than 2 minutes to do the whole document.

- Dave.

Advertisement