Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem

• 09-04-2003 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

i have a HP OfficeJet Pro 1170C, when i turn it on it is giving an error after it says initializing. it is "Cartidge carriage blocked. Unblock carriage, and turn power off and then on." the cartridge carriage seems to move some of the time, but then the error comes up. it doesnt appear blocked.

any ideas on fixing this problem???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Have you tried looking for the latest drivers? The hp site has a pretty straight forward method for finding the right ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

check if the rubber band that drives the printhead is not broken up.
    reseat the printhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

the rubber band is not broken. also i am using the latest drivers. the error is coming up on the lcd panel on the printer.

what is reseating the printhead??? how do i do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

have a look here it has info on removing/cleaing the print head and stuff like that

Advertisement