Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dudes that are real tall

• 09-04-2003 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

ferdi started a discussion about girls not liking guys with long hair.
    well i dont score much and i was wondering if if girls just dont like big lanky baaastards like myself? and is there a reason why not?:mad:

im 6 ft 5 and quite unco-ordinated so i look like a prize fool tryin to dance! ho ho

p.s. i still dont dance as bad as ross or finn he heh
    so gimme the 411 on if girls like tall guys or not.

like, totally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yeah, I'm the same co-ordination wise (at 6'3). I can't dance for fear of looking like I'm connected to a high voltage power supply.

Tho I find I get the odd look from gals and, um, yah, probably not as much looks as less tall guys would.

I think the important thing is to stop worrying how you appear to others otherwise ppl will get the negative vibe from you.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I'm 6'1" and I wouldn't want to be any other height. Suits me perfectly.

I'm very thin but it doesn't seem to matter to most women. I do pretty well anyway.

I'm not uncoordinated though. Used to play rugby and used to be a good bit bigger. Sort of kept the shape but lost the weight.

Thats why I think with tall people it's just the way they hold themselves that would make the difference. Taller people can have bad posture very easily and bad posture, in all fairness, looks ridiculous.

By the way, anyone notice how often you see these really tall guys with these tiny little women? Sort of looks like this:

. 0
    ./|\
    . | \o
    . |\ . \
    . || ||

Bloody hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'm 6'6" and quite agile, particularly in the air (I like jumping). Anyone who spends any decent length of time with me thinks I'm fantastic, including women.

Ah well. I guess I'm just the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well I'm 6'5" and going out with a girl who is 6".

I cant dance for ****, but she can, so it looks quite funny, but she tells me i'm great anyway, so :P

Tall is good, I think so and she confirms it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I'm 5'11" (and female, or so the last rumour went), I quite fancy the taller men :)

tbh, most guys look **** when they're dancing, either they get too "into it" or just end up looking like that _really_ gay guy on "Will & Grace" (not Will).

Get over it, you're all the same, and just strut your stuff, it can't hurt! :P

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

me = great dancer

as anyone at the boards beer will testify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

hehe, im around 6", i have plenty of friends that are taller.

Not all girls think that u look gay when u dance, i know a few that i can make laugh by doing my assortment of the funky chicken and what not.

Me and Danneh(Asok) r teh win at dancing, fio cant keep up with us :P

hehe j/k

no, seriously, women arent all the same, dont worry bout it, there are plenty of tall and short women that dont dance, and are attracted to teh Tall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm happy the way I am, btw. Just in case my previous post didn't bring that across.

I could do with being a bit straighter, um better postured anyway, heh.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm 6" 1~2 now at the age of 16. I might look a lot taller than everyone my age but at least they will be up to my height soon please god. I have a girlfriend that is a good bit smaller than me. I can't dance at all at all and my g/f can but she says I'm good so all is good even tho my friends recommended me not to ever dance again hehe.

I just found out yesterday that on of the girls in my class called me a flaiming pole ...ah well she is small and fat so what position has she talk say such a thing. :p

./Webmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I personally find tall men attractive....

Co-ordination doesnt bother me it's down to personality at the end of the day.

What the hell has being a good dancer got to do with being found attractive? (no offence or anything)

Most of the guys I know are between 5ft 6 and 6ft 2 and they cant dance for Sh!Te!!

Im not even a good dancer so unless I intend having my own Dirty Dancing moment.... the dancing part obviously :D.... in the beginning anyway... I'm not going to discriminate against the uncoordinated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i always seem to end up with tall skinny guys. i do find tall guys atractive, but then most guys are tall to me seeing as im so short! i feel like a twat walking around hand in hand with someone who's over a foot taller than me (and who has nicer legs....).

guys on the dancefloor do not do it for me. either they look like they're having an epileptic fit or they look gay, and it does put me off. (but dont let this scare you. most women are normal and dont mind men dancing)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hehe, white folks dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I think the "good at dancing" thing is a belief that there is a link between dancing ability and sex ability.

As an extreme virgin, I can't verify this myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Well being tall u probably feel self concisous alittle more than most while dancing as u can see everyone from up there..
    I dance like a total wolly and am pretty crap at it. Just as long as u look like your having fun looking like a twat women like that.. Being tall has nothing to do with it. I'm average height for a guy at 6 foot but my lady is a good foot and shorter than me and it makes me look like a tall guy compared to her...

Being tall has alot more advantages than disadvantages. Woman don't generally dislike tall men(i'm sure some don't like them thou - what u going to do about minorities hey :) ).

Be confident looking like a wollie on the dance floor. It shows u have guts and then u can reap the rewards ;)

Originally posted by oneweb
    Yeah, I'm the same co-ordination wise (at 6'3). I can't dance for fear of looking like I'm connected to a high voltage power supply.

Thats quite good dancing actually:D It's the best way I've seen for describing the way i dance, and I'm the same height.

Going back to the question,height specifically shouldn't cause a problem, it's looks that kill:ninja: sometimes
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

6'5" here, so I know about being tall.

As for dancing - WOAH!!!! I think that guys who are tall already attract enough attention without attracting more by having LONG arms and legs going in all directions on a dance floor!

I consider myself a "weapon of mass destruction" on a dance floor, so out of consideration for my fellow humanoids, I tend to avoid that 10' x 10' area.

Have to say though that I wouldn't change my height at all.

There are one or two disadvantages however: took a bus from Limerick to London once. Bus was fairly packed, so I couldn't get a seat to myself. Ended up with my knees up my nose for 4 hour stretches between stops. Not nice!!

Lately I've noticed an increase in low-hanging signs in my local supermarket. I actually had to navigate around two of them the other day - it was almost like a slalom course between the vegetables and the bread!

Maybe I should take up that new Irish pastime - "have an accident" - and claim compo for being attacked by a low-hanging sign!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

I think tall guys are great!don't like them too thin though because then the look like lamp posts! Sure most of us cant dance anyway i only dance when i'm drunk then i'm pretty much just falling around the dance floor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im not tall :)

and i have yet to meet anyone on boards who has rythym, let alone the ability to dance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah well chris, you may dance like christy brown on speed but i'm pretty sure lots of girls like tall fellas, i am in the realm of the short guy but that dosnt really seem to be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

sorry stira64....you're gonna have to find a new reason why you dont score too much, most girls I know quite like tall guys! Maybe if you keep your uncoordinated self off the dance floor you might do better :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm 6'2" and my gfs 5'1".

Also I'm the dance mastah.

Word.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

to qoute ferdi:
    "christy brown on speed"
    baaa haa haa
    i like it, i like it a lot!

yeah i guess personality is a lot more important , and i probably lack confidence cos im a lanky bollix.

hmm ill see if i get any action friday night.

if any girls want to meet my lanky ass come on down to fireworks friday night.

attack that attic with a stira!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    im not tall :)

and i have yet to meet anyone on boards who has rythym, let alone the ability to dance :)

Pitty you've never met me

/me starts to dance

OHHHHHHHHH Yea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

As a 5'2" girl I always tried to steer away from tall guys. It's not that I don't like them (cos obviously I can't know ppl I haven't met yet!) but they always made me look a hell of a lot shorter...
    and kissing gave me a crik in my neck!!!

So another question..
    what do guys think of short women?? especially the really tall ones guys?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Well in my experience your not all that short till you take your high heels off........and by then standing height is quite irrelevant!:D I'm 6.1 by the way, my last girlfriend was 5.2- didn't really matter either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 not a sausage

what height you are shouldn't matter when you are dancin, just go with the flow, i'm 5' 9'' and could go the oppposite and say I can't score with some lassies coz they like taller men..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My dancing is so sexy that i was forced to place a patent on it.

Ouch cant touch caesar, he's so hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

commuterised, i would prefer shorter women 100%, this maybe cause i'm only 5'9 and i would feel threatened by taller women but i dont know. although i have been with girls taller than myself and it was still all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

dont lie ferdi, you like em big! admit it, you want paula!
    its obvious by the way you stare at her 200 pound ass!

attack dat attic wit de stira

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I'm 6'1" (6'4" if you count hair). Danger with beign tall is the tendency for bad posture, curved spine. I hunch SLIGHTLY myself and it is very unattractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Well, I'm a 5 11 1/2" Girl so I'm kinda of limited in my height selection of guys but I'm lucky enough to be with somebody who is taller than me. There are tall girls out there, and they definitely look for taller guys. I know I used to get sick of small guys trying to chat me up!

I don't want to make a sweeping statement but every straight guy I know can't dance very well or at all! Don't worry about it.

My experience is that you really don't take much notice of guys' dancing, especially if you're in any of the cattle marts in Cork. Usually you can't even see the dance floor in these establishments much less actually see guys dancing!

Happy dancing!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm 6'2/3" and for some odd reason, over half the girls I've ever gone out with were under 5'3"

That said ... everyone's the same height in bed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

G'wan the midgets, i.e anyone under 6ft3.

Being an 18 year old lad standing 6ft6 with some potential to perhaps grow an extra inch or two, my sexy dancing tends to attract some unwanted attention, mainly from the wrong kind of women.

I love small women, in the height bracket of 5ft2 - 5ft6 as they tend to be petite in comparison with the taller lady and willing to go wild for a night on the Caesar Train™. I think my womanly hair more so than my height and aphrodisiacal dance moves aids me more in pulling the women. So the moral of my pointless post is that chicks dig tall guys with feminine hair and sexy ninja lady is hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

LMAO
    u wanna see weird? I use a wheelchair so that makes me what, i dunno, just a tad under 5 foot prolly, (coz im sitting, not coz im short), but my other half is 6 foot 3" !!!!! LOL :)
    Never been a problem for us, in *any* sense. ;)

DawnTreader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Dancing, the vertical expression if a horizontal desire
    Well i'm about 6-2/3 which i don't think is too tall, but its handy being able to see over most of a crowd, maybe i'll grow another inch this summer.............. it also means you will never be too small to go with someone which is far more likely than being too tall, imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement