Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Shell

• 09-04-2003 10:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

There are bits and pieces about shell replacments and skin programs dotted about boards, but I want to know which ye would recommend. I used to use litestep on win 98 but on win 2k it does not seem to work the best for me. It has cool features but is buggy as hell. Is there a program similar that's less buggy.
    What do ye use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

The main shell available is Litestep.
    It should be workin fine. Try downloading the latest verison and look for patches to fix bugs. Litestep is cool but nufin beats Win Longhorn ! ya rite! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

What about other programs such as windows blinds, any views on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You could try geoshell.

edit : damn thing is called geoshell....
    shows you how often I use Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

talisman 2

http://www.lighttek.com/talisman.htm

Think its class and easy to edit and change around too.

Alo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I'll download it and have a look, it does seem to be of a different type of shell replacment idea e.g. you have a theme for restricting access or a theme as if it was a home theater.

• Advertisement
Advertisement