Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate madness

Options
  • 09-04-2003 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

ok the pressures at christmas/yule can be bad enough but is anyone else getting told by thier kids what they want for easter already ?

I for obvious reasons will be not be celebrating easter in a big way but we will be going to see the grandparents and I am worried that there will be farr too much chocolate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

This isn't yet a problem for us at least as far as the baby is concerned. At present she'd be far more likely to eat the tin foil. On the grandparent issue however I'm in complete agreement. We've settled this by not buying each other eggs this year and we'll scoff her's instead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm surprised they didn't start asking from Feb 15th! Marketing is just getting ridiculous and kids just want want want.

Maybe let the grandparents know what you think would be best. For a good few years my siblings and I got a load of Easter eggs. One year we ended up with NINE Easter eggs each!!!

BTW I don't have kids, just thought I'd add my thoughts.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It has gotten silly with whole aisles at the supermarket bing filled with damned eggs.

And too much chocolate is not good it gets the kids all hyper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

Surely this is where parental control comes in....? I don't mean to sound harsh but there have to be some limits and the sooner children realise them the better. It's really all down to what children are allowed to kick up a fuss about.

The other issue of grandparents etc. 'spoiling' children (ie., giving them stuff you'd rather they didn't have etc.) is an matter of respect. Everyone wants their children to have treats but it doesn't need to be chocolate. For the price of an easter egg they could just as easily buy them a book or take them to a museum or whatever. If you say no to the surounding family, they should have enough respect for your wishes and parenting to follow your guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My sister usually takes holidays with the kids at Easter (California this year) so they get to avoid the chocolate craze to some degree. As the youngest has diabetes, they are typically allow a six pack of Kinder / Creme Eggs each, with a maximum of one per day over the two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The girls can't eat much milk chocolate without sounding like Darth Vader. I am a chocoholic. Problem solved:)

Advertisement