Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Eircom

Options
  • 10-04-2003 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Don't know where this should go, but anyhow.

I got my first bill from Eircom lastnight. They were charging me 130 euro for an installation. Now, my landlord told me that the previous occupants had a phone, there the reconnection fee should have been 30 euro.

I rang Eircom and they said that they had no record of the previous occupant and that its a new connection.

The phone line was active when we moved in, like it had a dial tone, but u couldn't ring out. And when i rang them to connect it up, they were able to do it within a couple of hours.

Now my landlord can't prove that the last tennants had a phone, nor does he have a contact address for them, so i cant get in touch with them to confirm whether they had a phone.

So maybe Eircom were right and that i owe them 130 for the first time connection. But a few weeks ago i was at a friends house. He had a second phone line put into his house a year ago, but only had it active for a few months, he got me to ring up and have it reconnected. Eircom said, fine, no problem. That will be 130 euro. I said that there was an active line here before, and that it should be only 30 euro. They said they have no records for this and that unless i can prove it, that the charge will be 130.

Well after much searching my friend found an old bill, and i gave those details to Eircom and they conceeded that there was a line there before. So the charge would be 30 euro connection fee.

This made me think that Eircom don't have a clue what they are doing, and that they are trying to screw me for the 130 euro. Is there anyway that i can prove that there was a active line in my house previously without details from the previous tennants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Dampsquid
    Don't know where this should go, but anyhow.
    well i'm no moderator but i'd say the irelandOFFLine forum.

sorry didn't even read the rest of it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well the net coms sections .. there reely should be a lets kill eircon board r somthn . ye i think they knew they were just trying to swindel you . but your lucky u found that bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its possible they just have a standard policy to try to charge everyone €130 and 9/10 they might not get away with it but whats the harm, they lose nothing by trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Oh, and just to add, the first bill was 250 euro, and only 50 euro of that was calls. Great way to start my Eircom account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

EVERYTHING
    Why waste time discussing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

ESAT are cheaper! Do beter rates but a bit slow developing functionality though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Dont Ban Me
    ESAT are cheaper!
    Indeed they are. As are UTV and probably every other provider. Eircom are the only people who can install a phone line for you (file under "death grasp on the last mile"). My phone line was installed a whopping ten minutes before I phoned Esat to switch.

Advertisement