Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Reduced Again

Options
  • 10-04-2003 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Xbox console has been reduced to €199 from €249 throughout Europe.
    How much does Microsoft lose with each console at this stage? Thats the same price as a Gamecube now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well that's convinced me. I'm getting one for Fable, Halo and Buffy. I'll have every major console now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Woop, and that completes my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Happy days now i have all them all.
    Eventhough i don't realy need one just to have that price isn't bad.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Not to sound greedy but does anyone know of any bundles out there for the XBOX?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Check out smyths toy shop there all around dublin, they always have deals on for gamecubes ps2 and the xbox. or have a look in Game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Actually, Game looks pretty decent this time; all the latest games for €50 or less with the XBox, and some older ones for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Smyths have an offer on at the moment. Buy 2 get the 3rd free (when I checked a while ago anyway).
    They used to have the offer on just Gamecube games, but they had them on Xbox ones too.

[offtopic] MacDaddy, erm, you got some parts of the quote in your sig wrong. Fix it :) [/offtopic]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Yeah saw that, but the 2 for €50 in game finally got my dosh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

gamesworld have an xbox and 3 games(not bad ones to but cant remember the all Halo is one though) for €250.

its still not enough for me to buy one of those boxes of evil :)

gamecube for me when zelda appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I see that coupled by the xBox price reduction, Microsoft have launched a Platinum or as they like to call it 'Classics' range. They are priced at €30 and include Project Gotham racing, Amped, SSX Tricky, max Payne, 007 Agent Under Fire, Crash Bandicoot and about ten others.

GAME now have some of their second hand games priced more than games new...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

30 euros?
    christ you can buy stuff like army men 2 and all those old games for 10 quid in some of the stores here in england.
    and all the older ones you mention are less than 15 quid.
    by the way, if you look on amazon, you can get a lot of stuff cheap as well.
    i just got silent hill 2 directors cut for 15 sterling.
    bloody scary it is too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Great news.. it's being reduced to €209 here.. and €199 everywhere else in the EU.. why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This is just a guess, but maybe its because of the fúcking crazy vat rate we pay here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Stephen
    This is just a guess, but maybe its because of the fúcking crazy vat rate we pay here?

yup, nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'll get an XboX when it reaches the €50, like what I paid for my DC (last one in gamesworld)

Advertisement