Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic Vs. Boavista Predictions

• 10-04-2003 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Right it's time to predict yer scores for Celtic Vs. Boavista tonight.

I would like to see Celtic go through anyway. They also have Agathe and Douglas back so it's almost a full strength team.

What are yer predictions?

I reckon they will win over the two legs. 2-0 tonight with Hartson on the scoresheet sometime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Think I'll also go for 2-0 Celtic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

2-1 to Celtic tonight and 1-1 in Portugal maybe

:ninja: gotta use ninja for every post :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think they will continue their Uefa cup trend and draw at home, then win the away leg. They have done it to both Blackburn and Liverpool already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

I don't know what the score will be, but its definitley gonna be a tight match, 2-1 or maybe a lucky 3-1 victory for the bhoys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Don't think Celtic are capable of keeping a clean sheet, so will go for 2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

in almost every match thus far celtic havent been very good at home though, which scares me, that and every time i make a prediction the opposite tends to happen.

I want to see celtic winning tonight but i have a feeling that they will continue this trend and most likely either win or draw tonight, and then play better in the away leg *touch wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll go for a 2-1

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Well it finished 1-1! and Celtic were not at all impressive
    Havnt got that little bit extra in midfield that can unlock a good defence.
    Think were capable of scoring awa though so I havnt given up hope yet, the final however is a different matter..............

Must admit I wasnt surprised by Porto tonight, runaway leaders of the league.............when they played Celtic in the Champions league last year the cruxified us there (not that thats saying much)
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i thought boa vista were dire..

should beat them away imo, celtic also seemed to slow down the pace half way into the first half and only got it back after losing that shambles goal (which was about boa vista only half chance..)

Larsson hasnt been doing well with his penaltys of late either, really did expect him to bury that last night.. but it wasnt to be it would appear.

the handball was no worse than the other 2 that had happened previously in the game either, maybe he just felt bad about not giving those ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Thought Celtics midfield was very bad. Lennon was very negative in his play. Thought Hartson was one of teh better players on the pitch last night.

I'm not too worried cos I reckon that they'll do the job away from home.

I would be more concerned with them meeting Porto in the final and if they do Celtic's midfield has got to be more positive

• Advertisement

Despite an average performance last night, I still think Celtic have enough to go through to the final. I thought Hartson was very effective, Larsson wasnt great, but Lennon was awful though (but in fairness, this is nothing new!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i didnt think that handball was a [enalty tbh, yer it was a blatent handball but he was trying to clear it and it spun up ober his foot onto his hand. If it hadnt it his hand it woulda been an easy claim for the keeper or would have gone wide, in my opinion at least.

I only started watching from the start of the second half so i missed the other two appeals i guess.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    i didnt think that handball was a [enalty tbh

Neither did I. I thought it was more ball-to-hand than hand-to-ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I saw the hilights on Eurosport earlier. Brilliant save by the Boavista goalie for Larsson's peno. Hartson is a revelation, playing the best football of his career up there. It'll probly be another 1-1 in Portugal, and go down to a peno shootout where Neil Lennon will blast the crucial one over the bar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I thought it was a peno, not because it was deliberate, as clearly it was not, but if it had not hit his hand there was a celtic player in position to get the ball. So clearly Boavista got an advantage, and a peno was a fair call as a result.

Advertisement