Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a window

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Well I've finally done what I've been threatening to do.

Click Here :D

That address was,

www.easymods.cjb.net :)

It's in no way near finished but it's not too bad now :)
    Hardly any links work apart from the "Raz's Mods" link at the top.
    The rest are all just rubbish really, well so far anyway :)
    I'll do a bit more updating very soon.

Raz out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ur mod looks really great ,and you did it with a jigsaw holy $hit.Im gonna start on my new case at the weekend,im gona put the thundercats logo on the side.:D with prob red cold cathodes,and meh new mobo and zalman flower cooler,should be sweet,i will take plenty of pics this time,stay tuned.

CombatCow

Btw raz couldent access ur site for some reason.:confused:

That's be one of the greatest mods ever!! You gotta do it :D
    And you could have Liono and Tigra and Snarf and everyone :D
    Well maybe that'd be a bit much but it'd be cool :D

I'm almost finished the filing now :) (one hell of a job on a cut like that!!)
    Once that's done I'll do a trial fit of the perspex, then I paint it, then I put it together for good, then I pilfer all the compuonents from the home computer and stick em in and watch it light up :D
    It will hopefully look really cool :)

That was odd not being able to access the site! I tried it just now and it seems fine. Maybe the server was down for a little bit. Who knows :)
    Needs a lot more work mind you :)

[edit] Plus it's a free domain name so there's ads. Just ignore them, they're a load of rubbish and only pop up once at the start. (unless you click refresh!) [/edit]

OK well after 5 hours of ( non stop ) modding this is what i created,i hope you agree that it's a piece of sweet ass.:D

Ne way i took 50+ pics but ran out of room on the flash card so i decided to delete a few pics but the camera decided to format the card :( so i lost all of the drawing,templates,cutting,filing,and im just left with the finished product.

Tiz not finished yet tho,iv cut the lexan to put behind it and going to get 2 red cold cathodes tomorrow.should look sweet ( sweeter )

CombatCow
    ( ps. soz bout the spelling,well it is 1.48am :rolleyes: )

And here's the door im more detail,the lexan will be flush behind it tomorrow.CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

OMG Combatcow you own.....

You are the casemod god.. that rocks.

/me drools

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

with a case that l33t, you must have a tiny willy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I'd say the tracing of the logo onto the panel took a lot of skill and a steady hand; the work of a true artist *cough* ;)

That is ... purrfect! :rolleyes: Sorry I just had to :p
    But really, there's no other word for it, perfect is all I can say.
    The cutting is perfect and the filing is perfect, the scaling is perfect. I've never seen such a nice piece of work.

Can't wait to see it all finished up and with lighting. It'll be georgous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

grade A job :) does mixing cathodes work? like having a blue and red for example in there..im working on mine, they do give out a huge amount of light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Mixing cathodes can be done quite well. I saw a case at Megalan, cant rem whos it was, had a red and a blue cathode in it. It had a frosted/scratched out window so you couldnt see the inside of it, but the lighting did look quite well throufh the frostyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by Pimp Ninja
    Mixing cathodes can be done quite well. I saw a case at Megalan, cant rem whos it was, had a red and a blue cathode in it. It had a frosted/scratched out window so you couldnt see the inside of it, but the lighting did look quite well throufh the frostyness.

sounds like Phaxx's case Pimp Ninja.

I must say I'm going to find it hard living up to Combatcows standards but I'll sure try! :)

So far I've started painting. I probably wont have that done until the weekend. I'm being kept plenty busy.
    I've also added a couple of purdy lights to my floppy drive and I'm hoping to test them out this evening. I'll let you see how things proceeded once I get some pics.
    I've been doing a bit of work on the website but it's decided that it wants to be a bitch for me so I'm just gonna have to whup it into shape. Easier said than done I'm afraid. I'll have it soon though! Don't you worry. (And maybe it'll look better too :p)

Anyway, must get back to work,

Raz.

I've done a bit of a mod to my floppy drive,

tn_FloppyGlow1.jpg
    Large Version

It didn't come out as well as I'd hoped but it's not too bad I hope you'll agree.
    I'm almost finished with the whole window mod. I put the (hopefully) last coat of paint on it last night and it should be perfect by this evening. I'll hopefully have pics by tomorrow.

Well I'm finished cutting and I'm finished painting.
    So what do I have to do next?
    I gotta put in the window and glue a piece to it. Once that's done I can say I'm finished with the window :D

So here's a pic of how it's looking, all painted up and pretty :) (I hope it's not too big!)

The fully painted case

[edit] Changed the HUGE image to a link to the image. It was just too damn big!![/edit]

Holy $hit that is V.Sexhy,the red silver and black go well togeather. it really looks fantastic tbh.the red around the cut out makes it very striking,great job.

CombatCow

That's all I needed to hear :D
    I hope to have the perspex bit finished by tomorrow but I cant be sure. There's one bit that I have to glue to the perspex so that will take a bit of preperation to make sure it's right.
    After that I want to paint the inside of the panel white (some of the red went through to the back) but it may not be worth it.
    Once I've decided on that I can put all the bits from my home PC into it and flick on the CCs. :)
    I also have a mod that I have to finish on the CD drive.
    Watch this space. :D

How's your case holding up Combatcow? Are you finished completely now or are you planning more?
    The Thundercats just looks so great.

(anyone new would think we just go around patting each other on the back :p)

Looking forward to seeing the finished article ( as they say ),iv been hella buisy at my place of employment ( not considerd work ) so iv had no time to do nething to meh case,hopefully the project im on will be finished in a few days so i'll have some time to do stuff to the case when im off,just wanted to update every 1 with the long overdue photo of the logo with the lights on,kinda looks orange in da pic but is red in real life.need sleep.work tomorrow.well today actually.yawn.

CombatCow..........

Well so far I've taken some 150 pictures of different mods and stuff for the website.
    I'm working on redesigning the site with drop down menus and stuff to get rid of all the crappy frames and to make it easier to navigate.
    All I have to do now is write more content, well I have to finish fixing up the menus and I'll have to recode whats already there but that's nothin :p

Plus I've finished all the painting and cutting for my case (I cut a design for a blowhole in the top of the case at the weekend). I'm practically ready to start filling it with bits. Hopefully I can strip down the house computer and put everything in there untill I get my own components :)
    Pics of the blowhole tomorrow :)

So here's that pic I promised.
    I've painted it since I took the photo so it doesn't look so scratched :) I've also mounted a red LED fan underneath. I havn't tested it switched on yet but I'm hoping it'll look kool :)

• Advertisement

So here it is. Two pics with everything stuck together.
    ColdCathodes and all. Well I don't have the motherboard or any of that kinda stuff in it yet but hopefully I can do that this Sunday.
    So on with the pics :)

Pic 1: As it looks from the outside :)

Pic 2: The inside of the case, showing all the extra little bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Very nice mod there raz well impressive but the only thing I'd suggest is maybe painting the screwheads black or/and getting ones with a lower profile. Otherwise its a fine piece of art.

Cheers for that Thorbar :)
    The screwheads were a bit of a disappointment.
    I was in B&Q at the time and I couldn't find anything else the right size.
    I wanted to get proper bolts but no joy. I'll have to look around town again. I don't really want to go for a lower profile though cos I like the idea of having the plexiglass bolted on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    I have cut out an ober sexy case window jobbie, but I can't find some nice pritty bolts to hold them on.

Let me try to discribe the type of ones that I am looking for. The viewable bit is a nice rounded chrome type finish. In side there is the normal screw thread but to stop it rotating when screwing on the nut, it has a square bit near the rounded bit.

You can see why I can't find any of them anywhere!!
    I'm pretty sure you're describing a carriage bolt, like this... might that information help you too, Raz?

Gadget

:) Cheers Gadget. A bolt like that would have a much better profile and would also not scratch me every time I put my hand on the case :p

I've finished all my mods on my case :D
    I have it all lit up and pretty beside me and it really is soooo pretty :) It's my pretty little baby :p
    I'll have some pics up tomorrow and if not then Tuesday.
    I'm so proud of myself :p

Right so. Times for pictures of the pretty lights :D

So lets see. First off I'll start you with the Blowhole I showed earlier all lit up :)

Next is a pic of the case loaded up with nowhere to go :) And also no lights :p

Next is the design all pretty in the dark. Oh but it's sexy :D:p

• Advertisement

And here it is in full splendor. This is a full view of my oh so beautiful case in all it's splender :D well the pics a bit blurry though :p

Advertisement