Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about ghost

• 10-04-2003 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Here's the situation. I have a PC. The floppy drive is fvucked. I want to put back a ghost image that I have on CD. Is it possible to do this without the floppy drive ?

I have created a bootable CD - booted into Dos - but cannot get ghost up as it is on floppy disc.

Anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmm...
    Options:
    1) Burn or buy a copy of ghost on CD, then copy it to the Hard drive.
    2) Replace the floppy drive, with a working one.
    3) Stick the HD into another machine which has a working Floppy, and copy over your copy of ghost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Krusty

Options 2 & 3 make sense but 1 ?
    Burn or buy a copy of ghost on CD, then copy it to the Hard drive.

How would this enable me to put back the image ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

How would this enable me to put back the image ?
    you should be able to copy ghost to the HDD and then run it from there.
    The only problem would be caused by ghost needing to be able to write its ghost.err file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yup you can run ghost from the hard drive, just place the ghost program in to say the C:
    The problem is if you want to Partition To Image and ghost is on the C:, it won't allow you create an image of the C: only an image of the other partitions.

Okay to elaberate more....

PC has 2 partitions C: & D: - The image is for drive C: only !!

So if I copy the ghost program (ghost.pe) to the D drive. Then boot to dos with the bootable CD then run the ghost.pe form the D: drive, and then put back the image from the CD.

Will this work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

yup once you are using the partition option and "from image" and not the disk option

Excellent. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,642 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

or upgrade to Ghost 2003 - then u can create bootable cd/dvd with image, so no more diskette needed :-)

Advertisement