Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon, €sat or UTVip?

Options
  • 10-04-2003 2:37pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

for me it would be a trade off between who has the shortist contract and who could install the quickest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

none :D

come on via! uncapped all the way, just have to get a better paying job now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

UTV for me. TBH, I've been using them as a 56k DUN user since they originally opened up south of the N.I. border many moons ago as dna-internet (dna.ie)

In that time, I've had VERY little cause to complain about them, and their staff were always very courteous and helpful over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

I'm using UTVip with ISDN since it was introduced and will continue to use UTV should they offer broadband in my area.

I feel they are more open, honest and approachable, which cannot be said from their competitors.

But I 'm afraid Joe Doe doesn't see it that way....

(Btw, I'm not working for anyone of them...)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

but if you are a gamer, use isdn with netsmart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

esat cos they use fastpath for me

However if they all supplied the same service for same price including fastpath, id go with what was easiest tbh.
    Mom likes eircom phone thingy so id prob stick with em to please her. As it is it looks like ill be getting VIA or Esat when i finish college for the summer and get a full time job for a bit to pay for installation etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

It has to be UtvIp for me, they have great support and actually want to provide broadband.

€ircon are the root of all evil and €sat are likely to kick you off for for not being within the "spirit of the service".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'd have to go with UTV, they are the first telco customer support I've dealt with that have staff that seem to be trained to help the customer, it was a very pleasant surprise to actually have people ring you back when they say they will.........

with them all offering the same service and at the same price, I'd still go with UTV as I'm sick of Eircom sending people out to my house to ask me to go back to their service, then when I nice and calmly explain why I'm with UTV they get confused and don't even know of the reason I left them in the first place (it's not very professional to know nothing about your competitors services)....any way enough, I've also have plenty of bad dealings with Esat on work levels, so I'll stick with the easy life and hope UTV introduce a broadband service in the near future....

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I'd go with UTV all things being equal, purely based on the mails I've seen from them here. (Of course if everything was equal we'd have seen some useful and constructive posts from the others as well)

In the real world I'd go with UTV if they had a product and failing that Esat if they covered my area. Unfortunately neither of these are, yet, the case so I'm probably going to have to go with Eircom :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

id have to go with esat again ....................fair anuff their bills are so late that i nearly need to beg them to send it to me before im disconncted .......................but other than that netsmart rules it fast 46kb a sec very night eircons per min was sometimes only getting 32kbs and im right in the middle of cork city!

so id go for esat and maybe getting it as soon as this new service comes out :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

UTV. I'll go so far as to say that I'll support UTV even if their prices are slightly more expensive, if they come in here and provide a reasonable explanation why. My comms bill was cut in half this month by the way, even though I went 42 hours over. Thank you Scott and Malcolm.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

UTV for me aswell they've saved me so much money these last 6 months, but hopefully they can have a realistic cap with the product.

Advertisement