Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Game" shop trade-ins

Options
  • 10-04-2003 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever traded in games in "GAme" (shops on Grafton and Henry St.)?

What sort of trade-in prices do they give you?

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Fairly awful prices. You would be much better off selling them on the For Sale board or the buy and sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

How awful?

Like 10-20 Euro off a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Depends on the game and if you are just looking for cash or for a trade in.

You would probably get 1/3 of the price back on a fairly recent release. I havent given them any games for a while. Sell any games i dont play anymore on the For Sale board.

hmm ok thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I recently sold devil may cry, grand turismo,Grand theft auto and pro evolution soccer i got €15 for first two and €25 for other two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yeah depends on how much it is new. I got €28 for Super monkey ball, but only about €20 for Star Fox.

Its pretty crap. I got offered 82 Euros for 4 games.

I looked at the pre owned section and saw that some of the games were going for 60% more thna they offered me, and looked in worse condition than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They'll buy it for roughly 30% of new price and sell it for 60%. I usually have a good haggle because my games are in new condition and get 40 to 45% for them. I know what they'll sell it for and negotiate :). It's not the best value in the world but the pricing scheme makes sense when you think about it. They end up having to buy back alot of really undesirably games people aren't going to buy.

All in all though I think the 2nd hand sales at Game and Gamesworld are a great thing. I've picked up niche stuff like music games and arcade shooters for next to nothing on many occasions. Anything cel shaded/abstract in particular gets reduced massively. :)

/me hugs his copies of Rez, Gungrave, Ico and Gitaroo Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Gungrave
    how much did u get that for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i got a pretty good price the other day, 30 for timesplitters.

but i think i got a new girl,she said it depends on how much the game costs new. dunno, i got metroid prime out of it so im happy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement