Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon dial-up speeds...............

Options
  • 10-04-2003 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

My 56k dial-up is screaming- I use the word relatively! - for the last week or two.

I am connecting at 50.6kbps almost every time, sometimes faster. My "default" connection speed up to a week or so ago was 38.6kbps.

My download speed right now is 47kbps, which is pretty good, though it kills me to say it! ;-) It has been slightly faster on occasions.

All in all, not bad.

Now if it was fixed rate...........I might say bugger the expensive ADSL.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Dinarius
    My 56k dial-up is screaming- I use the word relatively! - for the last week or two.

I am connecting at 50.6kbps almost every time, sometimes faster. My "default" connection speed up to a week or so ago was 38.6kbps.

My download speed right now is 47kbps, which is pretty good, though it kills me to say it! ;-) It has been slightly faster on occasions.

All in all, not bad.

Now if it was fixed rate...........I might say bugger the expensive ADSL.

D.

it's a sad sad day when someone refers to a dialup connection as 'screaming' when in other countries 512kb/s is considered too slow. See what €ircon have done!

Advertisement