Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booting off a usb memory stick?

• 10-04-2003 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I got a laptop recently and it didn't having a floppy drive included. I wasn't really pushed because I was planning on getting one of those little usb memory key chains that can hold 64 mbs. I'm just curious is it possible to boot off one of these in the event of a system crash?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

You could check your bios to try to boot from the CD drive before it tries the HD or if it has the capability then from a USB device first.
    I have a Toshiba Satelite Pro 4600 and it doesn't have direct access to the bios. It uses a windows panel to do that kinda stuff.
    I also don't think it can boot from USB even though the ports are built onto the motherboard.

Advertisement