Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-wing

• 10-04-2003 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hey fellas, i was just wondering if anyone else has ever read any of the x-wing books by micheal a. stackpole?
    eg. rogue squadron, the krytos trap, etc
    i think they were the best star wars stories ever written, and they didnt involve any of the "main" characters from star wars like han or chewie. they created cool new characters like corran horn, and used less known pilots like wedge antilles as the main guys.

ettak that attic wit de stiraaaa!::(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I read one for a book review in school a few years back, was a good read, cant remember which one it was tho, if i saw the name Id recognise it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

i read a few of them. They were good. They were the best so far at Space Battles, but then, an XWing series of books would have to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

I have the game Rogue Squadron, is it based on the books?

not even nearly!!!!!

as far as i know the Rogue Squadron follows the squadron from Hoth to the Battle of Endor

so it (Rogue Squadron) would encompas Episode 5, Shadows of the Empire, maybe some comics i havent read yet, a few short stories perhaps nad Episode 6

the X-Wing series starts about 3-4 years after the battle of Endor, i think, i could be wrong, but that timeline allows for Coruscant to still be in Imperial hands

check out www.theforce.net/timeline for the ultimate timeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Darth Waylander

At last,a chance to shine....
    unparalleled ST knowledge here!

The X-Wing novels were,and i quote "6.5-7.5 years after the Battle of Yavin",and there were a couple later,up to 13 years after,and Wedge rocks most when in command of a Super Star Destroyer(Lusankya)

• Advertisement

unparalleled ST knowledge here!

oh, so close, and yet so far away.. HA HA ST Knowledge will do you no good here young padawan
    Wedge rocks most when in command of a Super Star Destroyer(Lusankya)

Don't know about that, he hated the attempts at being assigned to a desk job made by Admiral Ackbar, remember.

Although, that amount of firepower would surely make the most stubborn man happy :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've just started reading the books even though I've had them for years. I can't find the second book but it's somwhere in the house so I don't know what happens to Corran. And I didn't know wegde took over the lusankya. I've just finished rereading all the books. Damn shame lucas didn't get Timothy Zahn to write the new trilogy. Maybe then there wouldn't be so many loop holes!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

yea, but in the end Wedge was happy to take a new, non-action desky job as an architect for the New Republic. Not exactly glamorous, but he was happy, so slightly wrong in your knowledge. Although he does become an x-wing pilot again later on, so maybe not.ww)

Advertisement