Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARDEST GAME ever :)

Options
  • 10-04-2003 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

i know its a bit boring but theres no new threads these days so i gotta post somthing ! could be a hard game or just a hard lvl or boss :) or just a section !

post away,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

1st game that comes to mind is a game from konami on the snes. I cant remember the name but it was one of those games where u have a little ship and fly along thru stuff killing things going from left to right..

Good larf, until you get to the maze level. hardly any space? Dodging millions of fire? nuff sed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

One of the hardest games ever (official) is Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES, GBA). Developed by Capcom, the game features King Arthur on a side scrolling platformer that is so impossible, that I cannot pass the first level. Maximo (PS2) is related to this game.

Speaking of Capcom, their Mega Man series (NES, SNES, PS1, GBA, none of the spin-offs) are also largely difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Project X by Team 17. Not the re-released version. The original was hard as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Saint Dragon. dig up an atari st or amiga emulator and a copy of this and prepare to go postal. nothing in the history of games has been this frustratingly difficult.

modern i would say the very last few feet of MoH:AA. the pow camp explodes around you and the exit is being guarded by about 20 wehrmacht troopers getting out is damn deam impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

max pane was the hardest game i ever played [only those mad levels, when he gets druged]also mafia including the extreem missions its deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I agree, the mazes in may payne where a pain in the ass. I just got a walkthrough on them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Originally posted by Rnger
    1st game that comes to mind is a game from konami on the snes. I cant remember the name but it was one of those games where u have a little ship and fly along thru stuff killing things going from left to right..

Good larf, until you get to the maze level. hardly any space? Dodging millions of fire? nuff sed

That would be R-Type , that was one of the hardest games ever !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by ondafly
    That would be R-Type , that was one of the hardest games ever !

ahhh phoeeeyyy R-Type was so so easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by vac
    I agree, the mazes in may payne where a pain in the ass. I just got a walkthrough on them in the end.
    They were a piece of piss if you just followed the screams. Took a bit to figure that out though.

Plus R-Type was savage difficult probably the hardest game I ever played. I couldn't get past level 3 even on easy with max continues. That was the snes version.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts wrecked my little brain as well though in fairness to it it was fun.

I found one of the Discworld games (can't remember if it was one or 2) awful hard. The nonsensical item use was infuriating.

Grim Fandango was hard as well but I just loved that ****ing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Revenge of Shinobi. It took me 5 years of frequent play to beat Zeed properly and save Naoko. I finally beat the game the day before I sold my Mega Drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The covert ops missions for the original C&C, damn those were hard,(if you didnt use the wall bug)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Commando is pretty farkin hard

I was stuck at about level 6 , which sucks :P

The first time i played CS was not a nice experience :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

ROGUE ADVENTURE???

Hard game and your not able to save at all.
    26 levels as far as I remember. ANSI dungeon adventure.
    Maps are random. VERY addictive.
    Download here.

rogue.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Yeah, Revenge of Shinobi was dead hard. Had to use the Infinite Shuirken cheat to finish it. Ahhh...:ninja:

Anyone remember Alisia Dragon on the Mega Drive? Couldn't get past the fourth or fifth level on that, stupid boss...

Micro Machines 2 (League part) - never finished that :(

Rouge Leader is actually pretty damn tough - still haven't finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Operation Flashpoint is quite difficult, especially when you turn AI on!

You could be sneaking along merrily and next of all *BANG* someones sniped you from 50 metres away.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That reminds me of Hidden and Dangerous. Very frustrating game. Never got past the third level because the b**tards were expert marksmen.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Underwurlde (ZX Spectrum)
    Exile (BBC Micro)
    Ghosts and Goblins (Arcade)
    R-Type (Arcade)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

I'd have to say "Uprising" (on the PC) was the hardest I've ever played... so far. Great game for it's time... just impossible to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

Dont know about the hardest game ever
    but 10 yard fight
    and rainbow islands cahllenged me as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

I rented turn & burn: no fly zone for the SNES. Couldn't get the hang of it so brought it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Contra on the Cube is difficult.

Even Retrogamer can't finish it...and that's saying something.

All pc games are easy :) ...relatively

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Chrono Trigger mebbe... possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the tofu scenario in resident evil 2, hair pulling stuff. (all you get is a knife & one full heal iirc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

That reminds me of Hidden and Dangerous. Very frustrating game. Never got past the third level because the b**tards were expert marksmen.

My faveoute game of all time, nutter hard though, really have to use tactics to win.
    Me completed on hard cause I rite 'ard me:ninja:
    took months though.

WHEN IS H+D2 out ffs, 3years nearly since they announced it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by Epitaph
    Yeah, Revenge of Shinobi was dead hard. Had to use the Infinite Shuirken cheat to finish it. Ahhh...:ninja:

Anyone remember Alisia Dragon on the Mega Drive? Couldn't get past the fourth or fifth level on that, stupid boss...

Micro Machines 2 (League part) - never finished that :(

Rouge Leader is actually pretty damn tough - still haven't finished it.

I could do it with 0 shruiken. It was trying to finish it and save the girl that was the tough part really. I didn't know about the hidden POW in the last room of the maze which meant I had to try and hold the one I had previously.. not getting hit even once was harsh. :)

You're right about Alisa Dragoon though. That's much, much harder than RoS. I completed it on an emulator by quicksaving every 5 seconds. People on Gamefaqs have actually beaten the game legitimately and I can't belive it. Some of the bosses are so unpredictable I'd never get close to killing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

max pane was the hardest game i ever played [only those mad levels, when he gets druged]also mafia including the extreem missions its deadly

That game was more crap than hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Max Payne Hard ?

The worst thing about that game was that it was over before it began !

The maze was freaky at first but then was just annoying, but you would blunder out in the end. A cynical attempt to make the game longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I have to say i didn't find max payne particualrly hard. The maze was fairly hard but the rest of the game was really. It was a tight game imo but it was too short finished it in 1 1/2 weekends. I have to say that tomb raider is a pretty hard game. Some of the puzzles and stuff r well hard to figure out. I remember being stuck for a good while in cerain places!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Anyone who says Max Payne is hard has a severe problem!My hardest game would have to be megaman one,the fact that it was virtually impossible to get oh..15 steps into the first level is an indicator.Pretty much all games these days are short and easy,commandos was a big challenge it did reduce me to tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Grim Fandango and Super Ghouls and Ghosts immediately spring to mind, closely followed by Commandos

Advertisement