Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan NATS Immobiliser

Options
  • 11-04-2003 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Have any Nissan owners out there ever experienced problems with the immobiliser on their car?

My Micra is currently driving me up the wall and it's all down to the immobiliser chip in the key.

The symptoms are:

1) Car starts fine.
    2) Car runs for 4 seconds exactly.
    3) Engine cuts out and 'check engine' light flashes.

I know for a cold hard fact it's the immobiliser at fault because it's happened before. It needs to be remedied by re-programming the code into the key and ECU.

Unfortunately, this being Ireland, it necessitates bringing the car to the nissan dealer (in the UK a guy visits from the garage to do it). Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem, and is their a way to disable the immobiliser for ever? :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

never had hassle with it in either of the nissans i've had. dunno if there's a way of disabling the factory immobiliser, i think it's built right into the engine mangement system. if its happened before to the same car make a big deal of it at the garage. is it still under warrenty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Warranty, alas no. It's a 97 model I picked up for £950.

Bloody annoying though as it's otherwise perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If it's a transponder immobiliser (which it sounds like), then you should have gotten a red key with it. This key is used to program new keys into the system, and should be kept in a safe place normally. If you have a careful read of the owner's manual, it should tell you to reprogram the keys you normally use for starting the car.

Advertisement