Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumanagh Promontory Fort

Options
  • 11-04-2003 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any information on the state of play of Drumanagh? Have the legal proceedings been sorted? If so, has any work begun, or are any plans in place as to what work will be carried out and when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

North Dublin. Up near Lusk. It comes under Fingal County Council juristiction and is listed on their site, but no other reliable information seems to be available, so I thought I'd try here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blackadder

john,
    a quick answer to your question is no. the situation is still unresolved, and the material is still sub judice. and, as far as i know, this doesn't look like being resolved anytime soon. it's a mess to be honest - but hopefully this will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

(from blather.net)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Is this the place you are referring to? (link to Google Earth placemark) A promontory just to the south of Loughshinney with a Martello tower on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Yep, that's the place. I'm amazed anyone found this thread, it's almost 2 years old! At the time, I had intended on setting up a website with various Irish archaeological interest stuff on it. Needless to say, the site didn't quite turn out as planned, and I don't even use that ISP anymore, so it will probably never get updated! But I did talk to someone from the National Museum at the time. Basically, the information I was able to get from several sources is here:
    http://www.iol.ie/~archaeology/drumanagh.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement