Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell - PC very very slow :(

Options
  • 11-04-2003 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know why this is happening?

I tried splinter cell on my PC (P4 2GHz 1GB Memory, ATI Radeon 7700 64MB, XP Home, DX9) and it will not run in anything other then 640x480 at lowest resolution. Even then really slow.

I try the high resolution and it looks great but the frame rate is horrible. It must be 1-2fps, even the mouse moves slow. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

updated graphics drivers.

or DX9 causing probs with the Radeon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Ive read quite a bit about ATi graphics problems while trying to run SplinterCell. Alas i can't remember much cause i was jsut flicking through forums but my advice is to give it a google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

What mobo chipset? Check to see if it's something to do with AGP settings (fastwrites, etc., ). I know that I have to run at 4x because KT400 chipset has crap 8x support. the 8x works on other 8x chipsets with teh 9700 Pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

This is the reason i bought an Xbox. I got sick of spending a small fortune upgrading my PC (Only a year old!) to play games on it. I have given up on it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Yeah plus the control system on the Xbox version is great and it looks just as good as the pc version.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Have a friend who had this problem. You just need to get the v1.1 patch. Should sort ya out ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is/was no v1.1 patch at the time of writing this post.

I swapped out the gfx card and put in the GeForce3 from my other machine.

Works fine now. Really sweet game, just upset now that I beat it.

Have you gone back and tried it on hard? I was going to but then didn't when I had to play through the training mission all over again, kinda drained the willpower from me. Do you know whether or not the guards are more alert on hard etc or do you just take more damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 neiko

I only noticed that you take more damage. I mean, a lot more...

Yeah but I mean the whole point of the bloody thing was not to get spotted at which point your health was usually sapped pretty damn quickly anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement