Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manics to play Witnness

Options
  • 11-04-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Now I have a dilemma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Why? Because you want to go to Witnness but The Manics are the worst band on the globe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I am slightly disapointed with the linup but bought my ticket this morning anyway with the manic's added it may just be worth it any rumors of other bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Cant really miss out now.

Lets just say will any of these other bands be around in 10 years time...... quality is a rare thing these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

Manics depressssssssing........ i heard prince was a definate now that would be class but what do we get the manics pathetic.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    Lets just say will any of these other bands be around in 10 years time...... quality is a rare thing these days

Uhh, ok. I've stared at that sentence for a while now, and I think what you're saying is that most other bands don't have the longevity that the 'Manics' do.
    To be honest, I'd prefer that a band hung up their proverbial boots while they were still making good music, rather than releasing a seemingly endless succession of HORRIBLE, BRAIN-NUMBINGLY BORING albumns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

The last good manics album was generation terroists they should of quit while they were ahead the saddos.... i hate them i used to love them but i think there crap now i mean the this is my truth tell me yours album was cr#p 2 good songs and the rest was useless because theyre useless i want prince to play or new order maybe some kind of legend that we will all respect and talk about till the next witnness!
    sorry if i went on a bit ahh!

OK i admit, a lot of the last 2 albums has been pap but thats cos Nick cant really write anything great without Richey (Rest in wherever) apart from songs about being bored and hoovering.
    Yeah GT was a great album but still had pap on, like 'Damn Dog' for instance and the US version of Repeat....which they did for the US market (see also Gold Against the Soul) which they subsequently nowadays dont wanna break into.

They have changed, like all good bands do, but they still know how to do a live gig. Motown Junk is still one of the greatest tunes ever performed live...still.
    I saw them in 93/94 when they played Whelans sized venues and still wish they would be like the 'old manics' but nothing lasts forever..... Everything must go. (comedy drum roll).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

but they wear make up. bunch of pillow biters;) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gary D

Im hope-ing Blur might be the second Headliner, their new songs pretty good and even though graham coxon is gone it wud be good to go see them. Although the remergange of the cartoons to become one of the greatest live bands the world has ever seen wud be just as brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i liked all the manics stuff, up until know your own enemy
    GT wasnt that great an album

• Advertisement

but they wear make up. bunch of pillow biters

So do you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

well observed!

Advertisement