Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP i386 folder

• 11-04-2003 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

OK here's the story, I've got a HP system and they do this weird thing where the give you no CD's and put all the stuff on a partition.

Now the thing is I dont want all the S hite all i want is the windows XP and a couple of the apps and drivers. But i can't make head nor tales of the files. I've two i386 folders one the the c:\ drive that's about 400MB and the i386 folder on HP's D:\ the one on the D:\ drive is about 1 odd GBs but i suspect its cause loads of the OEM's are in a folder called "APPs" The thing is i dont know what i need and what i dont so i was thinking if i hust burn the whole D:\ to a DVD. FOr god sake how hard is it to give someone the CDs.

Anyone with a HP know what i could do.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You can burn all that stuff to a DVD if you want, but if your system goes west you won't be able to restore it unless the DVD is bootable. Unfortunately I don't know a whole lot about making CD's and DVD's bootable though.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

as far as making the CD or DvD bootable, this post on this thread might be of interest...ninjasmilie1.gif

Advertisement