Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cine film convert

Options
  • 11-04-2003 7:25pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I'm really at a loss where to post this but I thought I'd try here instead of the wanted section.
    I am looking to buy a piece of equipment to convert cine film (standard 8mm) to digital video or vhs. I know there are places you can send it off to be done but there is a person here who wants to buy one.
    Any help would be appricated. In ireland would be good but anywhere global would be ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

you could try getting in contact with sony ireland and from there they will put you in contact with sony broadcasting professional, who supply most of the media with weird and wonderful toys, sorry i cant remember the number for sony ire, and my phonebook is on the fbi's missing list. hope this helps in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

this board
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=409
    is probably a good place to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Can you still view the cine film?
    i.e. Do you have a cine-projector?

Your best bet may be to project the films onto a white screen, and record it using a digital camcorder...

Cine-film is picture-only, right? i.e. no sound...

Advertisement