Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip Broadband ???? When ?

Options
  • 11-04-2003 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I know that reps from UTV check out the Boards every now and then, so I'd like to know from them or anybody else who's heard anything...........any idea if or when they will be launching a DSL product here, also possible pricing for installations, hardware etc......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I agree, no news is bad news for me as utvip customer.

Next week, i'm gonna enquire about getting Via dsl as my line passed the test. I'm sick of waiting for dsl, all utv have said is they going to have flat-rate 56k in June.
    UTV if your watching....will or won't there UTV broadband ?? !!

The silence from utv is deafening ! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Hi NIBBS,

There is a thread all about his here on the IrelandOffline forum
    May not be until next year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

This is gonna happen sooner rather than later in my humble opinion. Im going to wait it out, I really want to give UTV my custom as they have been smashing these past few months.

It will be interesting to see if they can they improve on the price/cap of Esat.

Hang in there folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Martin Lyons, one of the UTV head honchos when asked when we'd see a DSL product:
    ...we just don't have that info yet :-( I'd love to give you what
    you're looking for (all the staff would ;-), but at this stage we're still
    working on it. We can't even confirm (right this minute) whether or
    not we will be supplying an ADSL service. But we're working with
    Eircom on their new RADSL service and would hope to have something
    to say soon.

I think you know that unlike other players out there we really don't
    like to launch "vaporware".

That was said in the utv.support newsgroup on the 16th.

I want DSL as much as anyone but I am willing to wait for UTV to give us a definite yes or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

cheers P2P, I'll check it out....

got a reply from UTV the other day, nothing new, just saying they are in ongoing talks and will hopefully be in a position to offer a package in the near future..........

• Advertisement
Advertisement