Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Especially for Typedef...

• 12-04-2003 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭

Here ya go

http://www.surrenderedwife.com/

I'd quite like y'all to have a read, if you've not much else to do, and throw out your comments...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

uggg women require so much effort! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

BORING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

it the premise that the woman makes herself a doormat ?
    'm pleased to announce that we now have certified Surrendered Wife trainers who provide personal coaching by phone. The cost is $30 per half-hour phone session.
    lol :)

wouldn't work on :ninja: though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think the premise is a return to the good old apple pie days of America in the 50s. Mother in the kitchen, Man out working, paying the bills.

I was just interested to see how Irish men would react to that. I always think Irish men want their partner to be their mother, their friend, their chef and their whore all at once, as well as being a completely independent woman who pays her own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I was just interested to see how Irish men would react to that. I always think Irish men want their partner to be their mother, their friend, their chef and their whore all at once, as well as being a completely independent woman who pays her own way.

...yeah - that'd be great if you could swing it? (pun intended :D).

I'd be quite bored with that really. if I wanted a slave I'd have some kids. People can get stablity and a reliable companion without all of that nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Actually. My last girlfriend,commented on the fact that she was not used to seeing a man in the kitchen, let alone making dinner. I don't do dependance... not for money, not for food... not for sfa.

I'm not sure how that's relevant.. oh yeah... all it proves is that it's not chauvanistic to expect a certain amount of reciprocity on the emotinal/commitment/fidelity front, I'm not a chauvanist... I did live with my mother 'exclusively' for 22 years, pretty damn hard not see women for that they are, when you have only your self and your mother as a yardstick/paradigm for understanding the world.
    ahem.

I don't expect women to pay their own way. Sure maybe if I lived with a chick I would do the even split thing with the bills, but, for the dates, nights out etc, it is man stuff to pay. That's jsut the way it is. You can't for example say "Hey baby... wanna come out on Saturday... and pay for your self"? It just doesn't work like that. If a woman invites me out, yeah sure I'll let her pay... but, only because it's the 90s and it would be very chauvanist of me to refuse.

Be my mother? No, I have one of those and believe me one is enough? Be my boss? In so far as being assertive keeps my umm propensity to do wrong in check... sure.. why not.
    Be my whore? Hmm... never been with one, so I can't comment, be my lover, sure, but, then again... I'm hers and hers alone.

Alas I don't believe in 'friendship' between men and women... because invariably sex gets in the way... usually it is instigated from the man's side of the equation right or wrong ... that's the way men are... women wish it to be different but, it's not... not for me, not for most straight men.

Hmm, I'm thinking you're thinking I'm a real chauvanist. If you like I could perhaps coax my last girlfriend to post on boards... and vouch for my authenticity as a bastard... I mean as one of the good guys.

ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I don't know what to make of this book. There seems to be a lot of good advice in the first chapter but I don't like the 'submissive' feel to the title.
    Desperate to be in love my man again, I decided to stop telling him what to do and how to do it.

Telling anybody what to do and how to do it all the time will damage any relationship. Be it with a partner, friend or relative regardless of gender - we've all known somebody like that and we know how hard it is to get on with them. Maybe the book should have been called, "Surrender your need to control Those You Love".

Also I don't agree with her idea of leaving the control of finances to one person in the marriage - both people should have an input here and both should have a certain amount of financial independence too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Originally posted by Typedef
    I did live with my mother 'exclusively' for 22 years, pretty damn hard not see women for that they are, when you have only your self and your mother as a yardstick/paradigm for understanding the world.
    ahem.

Agreed and I don't get women who think that Irish men believe their mother to be some kind of infallible virgin Mary. We don't ...

So thats mother covered.

Chef? Okay I'm sexist on this point. Women cannot bleedin cook! Okay, I know there are women who can cook and are way better at it than I am but women cannot bleedin cook! Guys are better learners when it comes to cooking. All the good cooks I know are men. If your not used to seeing a man in the kitchen you got poor taste in men.

Friends and parnters are not the same thing. Partner is like friend++ or something. And you sleep with each other.

As for female friends. I do have them, my initial 'interest' in all of them was not friendship. For one girl my 'interest' is still not friendship;) (These are single women - friends girlfriends come into a different category.)

Whore: No. Healthy sex life and lots of it: Yes please. We like lots of sex - doesn't mean she's a whore if she does too. You can assume shes got a very happy man in her life though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Lo madj, long time no hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

this is an issue i give thought to alot... that man today is on one hand given the traditional role of man, provider, caretaker, decision maker etc and then on the other hand must be a sensitive, considerate, modern, un-chauvinistic (sorry spelling) etc and it's so hard for 'em to get the balance... Eg. typedef bending over backwards to point out he doesn't mean to be chauvanistic, when he's not said anything wrong.

i think the point expressed in the book will not be accepted despite the fact that it is a valid one. It differs from guy to guy of course, but i think alot of guys would appreciate a more manly role... and (speaking on behalf of myself, not my kind) women wouldn't mind the treatment they'd receive in turn. and also alot of guys are almost afraid to comply to this more traditional male role...despite what their women desire.

ideally i would want to be these kind of roles in the realtionship... i WANT to take care of my guy, bring him tea and such if he's had a long hard day etc, cuddle him if he's upset etc and i can't help but worry about the people i care for (that's the mother aspect covered in my mind)

i want to be their partner.. their confidant, and friend (with more affection)

I unfortunatly can't cook at all...unless they're on an all toast and egg diet (it could happen)

And whore?!? well lover agreed is a better term...i of course want to satisfy the poor sod who ends up wit me

At the same time i would expect some of these things back too....just in different ways!

honestly i'm glad i'm not a guy in this day and age...cos i don't think they have it easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by karma kabbage
    Eg. typedef bending over backwards to point out he doesn't mean to be chauvanistic, when he's not said anything wrong.

not that i have a problem with typedef, but lets face it, im sure your worldy 6 weeks here has allowed you to know everything about everyone and read all their previous posts. hasnt it?

Er now hold on Eamo...

she's right...

er now brian, you can substitute the word typedef there for me or anyone else.
    im not saying you are chauvanist, or anything. in fact i havent seen you being like that, and im not overly worried by it. obviously madj thinks different, but i guess shes an independent kinda gurl.
    but i dont see you as the over sensitive modern man either mate.

hell, ive read loads of your posts, and you were absolutely obnoxious and arrogant when you arrived on these boards, so i dont think someone can defend you on one post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

hell, ive read loads of your posts, and you were absolutely obnoxious and arrogant when you arrived on these boards, so i dont think someone can defend you on one post :)

Hmm, well I get to see
    Typedef This person is on your Ignore List

in half the threads in PI (thanks to Stephens sig link many moons ago) :)

Now every so often I do click on the link "View this post", but I have yet to read anything which proves that he has changed from being obnoxious and arrogant in recent times, far from it.

Maybe that's me being slightly unfair, perhaps he's not been obnoxious, just very, very annoying.

Try browsing PI for a week or 2 with him on ignore, it's a bit like viewing boards without those annoying signatures viewable - makes for easier reading, and you're really not missing much - try it and see.

Cheers,
    Al.

Somebody's going to have to quote Trojan... since I have him on ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Settle children!! ;)

On a slightely unrelated note, long time no see majd. Hadn't seen you around [boards] since the Xmas beers session. wb :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Typedef
    Somebody's going to have to quote Trojan... since I have him on ignore.

lol - I thought I better read this one :)

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    not that i have a problem with typedef, but lets face it, im sure your worldy 6 weeks here has allowed you to know everything about everyone and read all their previous posts. hasnt it?

hey i was only making the reference to the comments made by typedef in this particular thread. I have no delusions of graduer or social acceptance!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

forgive my mere 2 weeks on this board.

Karma Kabbage was only refering to that one post, and partic if you have him on ignore you can't comment on her analysis of his post(unless of course you had a look before responding)

As for the rest of his posts... i don't know, i'll look out for him and see if i can spot a pattern

Excellent justified at last.

..... anyhoo... I'll freely admit ... to being an obnoxious chauvanist... *
    Minesajackdaniels

Here ya go

http://www.surrenderedwife.com/

Says it all really.

Adios.

*Note : treat em mean keep em keen.....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by karma kabbage
    hey i was only making the reference to the comments made by typedef in this particular thread. I have no delusions of graduer or social acceptance!!!

one post in my mond doesnt equate to 'bending over backwards....
    Originally posted by uberwolf

forgive my mere 2 weeks on this board.

Karma Kabbage was only refering to that one post, and partic if you have him on ignore you can't comment on her analysis of his post(unless of course you had a look before responding)

As for the rest of his posts... i don't know, i'll look out for him and see if i can spot a pattern[/B]

you are forgiven, please dont feel bad about it.
    KK may have been refering to only one post, but i think you are mixing your posters up and should go back and reread the names and who said what.
    you go ahead and spot whatever ou like. its not going to change my opinion on typedef.
    which by the way is that i find him an interesting read, and a funny bloke, if a little bald in real life. and apparently is an 'all right shag' according to my mate.
    we'll leave it at that shall we?

although, im still at a loss on the reason for the orginal thread to be honest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

fine and dandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I was going to defend Typie, and then he posted...

Advertisement