Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free GPRs with O2????

• 12-04-2003 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I'm not getting charged when i use wap GPRS. Is there a promotion on at the moment or am I somehow getting it free? I'm been using it non stop at the moment!

I'm on prepaid by the way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Maybe (only maybe) you are mistaken

GPRS is charged by the amount of dadta transferred.

Yiu can be permanantly connected w/o charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I know that but I've received 3Mb since thursday night and I haven't been charged 1c!!!

Could someone on speakeasy use their gprs wap and see if you are charged. This could be brilliant If i'm not getting charged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there's no promotion - you are just one of the 'lucky' ones...

the billing system appears to be acting up a bit for some pre-pay accounts - highlighting it may cause it to be 'fixed' though ;)

BrianG

Great, I 'm gonna start plaing round with it now. I wonder if my MMS messages are being charged??? :D

How did you hear about the problem? Is it happening with lots of phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

not sure where people stand if they try to charge retrospectively for the costs that should have been incurred for using the services (have to ask a legal eagle that one)

haven't a clue how many

BrianG

• Advertisement

If they try to charge me, I'll kick up a fuss. I've had my phone number for 4yrs and in that time O2 have taken me to the cleaners.

Every text message that could not be sent, I get charged for! Doesn't happen that much these days but when i got my phone first it used to always happen in my area. O2 owe me alot as far as i'm concerned.

At christmas my friends changed my message centre number. I got charged for ALOT of text messages that didn't send! While this was the result of my friends messing, I shouldn't have been charged.

When i got my new phone they cancelled all text messages and MMS messages from sending for a day!

It all adds up. So whenever I can get a bit back I try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Dont know about o2 but since i bought my vodafone rtg 7650 last january i have not paid a cent for gprs, according to the log counter i've received over 100mb(which if i was paying for would have been a hefty sum). My credit has not changed once after gprs usage since i bought it.

Advertisement