Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cellulite

• 12-04-2003 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi everyone just wanted to ask all you females a question im slim with nice-ish figure but i have dreaded cellulite its on my tummy bum legs everywhere does anyone know how i can get rid of it and quick?? any suggestions please help thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Not a chick.... at least not the last time I checked.

To loose cellulite.

Do aerobic exercise and stop eating junk food... and/or food with a load of fat.

simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

1)get up at 5am
    2)get naked
    3)run around a field fo half an hour while being beaten with the branch of a hawthorn bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

A hawthorn bush! christ, I haven't heard that one in 20 years!hehe....

with regard to cellulite, I've heard about pills that reduce it, all kinds of wraps too.....seaweed and the like! Don't worry though, cellulite is only visible to a small minority- mainly female........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Losing it will happen over a course of a few months so be prepared. Im speaking from experience.

Obviously eat less fatty foods. High sugar foods are just as bad in my mind. Chocolatae being full of both saturated fat and complex carbohydrates (sugars) is a killer! Stay clear of all those supposed energy releasing bars. They are pathetic. But if you just eat less food in general you will notice a difference. Thats very important.

Cut out in-between meals aswell: snacks etc. Just stick to the regular three meals a day with nothing in between meals. except water.

Also, you might try some abdomen toning exercises. Get one of those roller thingies. I dont have a clue what they are called but a lot of women i know have them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Dunno how scientific it is, but....
    I used to know somone who had this problem, then somone suggested to her that she bathe in nothing but hot water with an entire box of tea-bags (i swear) in it once a week and while there scrub with a rough brush (the kind for exfoliating), she tried it and saw the diff allmost immediately, somthing to do with tannins in tea tightening the skin or somthing. *shrug*

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Dunno how scientific it is, but....
    I used to know somone who had this problem, then somone suggested to her that she bathe in nothing but hot water with an entire box of tea-bags (i swear) in it once a week and while there scrub with a rough brush (the kind for exfoliating), she tried it and saw the diff allmost immediately, somthing to do with tannins in tea tightening the skin or somthing. *shrug*

B

Oh my god! Do you know where they found out about this treatment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Could u drink the water afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Doodee
    Could u drink the water afterwards?

Don't be ridiculous, you'd have to boil the water first, afterall no one likes to drink cold tea.

• Advertisement

Chucky, :)
    lolol, no idea mate, all i know about tannin is it is used in huge quantities in the leathering process, so i assume it does do *somthing* to skin.

remember, i aint saying it *will* do anything an i aint saying it wont lol,
    am just saying she said it definitely did what she wanted, and she is no fool.
    have just ph'd her an she said the first time her skin felt much more toned and tight an after about a month she noticed the cellulite was much less noticable :)

however, the downside is apparently you have to sit there for at least 30 mins at a time and apparently its vital not to use any kind of soap or gel coz that has the opposite effect on the skin :)
    so basically the downside is you will have to put up with smelling like the inside of a teapot for a month, but i guess if u want it enuf...... *shrug* ;) (alltho' i'd guess deodorant spray and after- shaves shud be fine)

B

But you could use herbal teas to give a scent to your body couldnt you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    It would help if I knew what height you were before I gave my expert opinion.

So what height are you?

ohh and age!

I cant pass on my mothers secrets without knowing these important factors. Soz!

PM me if you want it.

Mercury_Tilt.... please learn to control yourself.

/me resurrects the banning stick. :)

<< Fio >>

Chucky,
    I dunno lol ;) are there tannins in herbal teas? somthing in me says no, but i cud be wrong lol ;)

Anyways, have u seen the PRICE of herbal tea?
    A box of 80 normal tea bags will set u back maybe €2 or €3 *but* a box of just 20 HERBAL tea bags ur talkin €4 or €5!! at least.
    :)

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Are you really laughing out loud that many times in one post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

drinking lots of water i very good for reducing cellulite as it flushes toxins out of your body. so i'd aim to drink several pints a day along with cutting down on junk/fatty foods as said before.
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Chucky,
    I dunno lol ;) are there tannins in herbal teas? somthing in me says no, but i cud be wrong lol ;)

Anyways, have u seen the PRICE of herbal tea?
    A box of 80 normal tea bags will set u back maybe €2 or €3 *but* a box of just 20 HERBAL tea bags ur talkin €4 or €5!! at least.
    :)

B.

Actually, depends where you buy them, you can get a box of 40 herbal teabags for 3.65 in some places - shop around!! I think I'd prefer to drink it than bathe in it though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

BTW, most herbal teas have tannin, some have lower tannin levels than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

it's amazing how many women have cellulite. when im in the gym, i can see that most women there have it, no matter what shape or size they are.

i've been told that drinking loads of water, cutting out caffeine and fizzy drinks can help.

there is a laser treatment available, afaik, and i think my mum is getting a treatment too, but i dont think its the laser one. however the treatments are very expensive.

Yeh you just have to know where to buy herbal tea. Ive seen it nearly double price in sum places over others. Just shop around all the different places. Ive settled on one place in Stephens Green Shopping centre on the second floor. Dont know what its called.

Water is excellent aswell. I wash down about 10 litres a day. How could water help against cellulite though? It washes away toxins. Do toxins have anything to do with cellulite?...well, anything major to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Is cellulite fat? I've heard the term and I asked a friend of mine (a biologist) what it was and he said there is no such thing.

Is it when all toxin's get caught between fat and skin, like bads under you eyes??

Was the term made up by the same pharmaceutical company that made up orange peel skin???

First poster, I'm sure your beautiful just the way you are,

your best bet is to do cardiovascular excercise, walking, running, aerobics, and enjoy yourself while you do them, for general fitness not to get rid of a term created by a beautician to extract more money from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

total_gym.jpg

The only problem I see with the drinking loads of water is that if you are somone who retains water (which somtimes makes cellulite look more obvious) even in small amounts, this would make u bloat in a big way, i know it does with me. :/

Dr. Loon- yes, didnt you know, I am an insanely cheerfull person all the time, (being sarky in case u dint notice) :rolleyes:

B :D

Do you gulp it down in 2 or 3 pints at a time? or do you even it out over the whole day? I drink about 10 litres a day but its all spread out so i dont bloat out. I used to bloat because I gulped 3 or 4 a time.

Advertisement