Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange webcam problems

• 12-04-2003 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I'm having some trouble getting a webcam application to upload pics to a site.

I've done this before many times with various cameras and software, but this time I'm just stumped.

I have tried with two cameras here, a cheap Genius one and an expensive Creative one.

Software I've tried using is Pryme and pjWebCam.

The problem is that it all works perfectly for about five minutes, then suddenly Pryme simply stops capturing and uploading, so the image stays there, and pjWebCam caputures but uploads an image with a size of zero bytes.

pjWebCam also reports it is unable to save the image locally before uploading, which is just toss as I've plenty of disk space and am the admin user on this machine. Both applications are fine for another five minutes if you restart them.

The video stream from the cameras never stops, it appears to be working perfectly except the upload falls over after five minutes.

Both cameras act the same.

What the feck is happening here?

Advertisement