Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding Internet Connection

• 12-04-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I want hide the internet connection on my PC from other users How do I do it. I'm running Windows Xp Home Edition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Make it ask for a password everytime you connect and dont tell them it.

There is an option when setting up Dial up and Eircom DSL settings to allow certain users to access it resetting it up and changing that will do it (is on XP Pro anyway).

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No good, I wanr to actually make the connnection hidden,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Depends on the OS, but if its NT/2000 you could deny the users permission to access the network connections.

Its not hidden, they just dont have access to the area to see that it is or is not there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Depends on whether the other users have admin privileges or not. afaik in XP when you first create a connection and open it up it will give an option "allow other users to dial this connection", perhaps that does the job of hiding it, as I know different users can have different network connections in XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i think i remember trying that in xp, setting the dial up to not allow other users to use it, but when i set up the guest account they could log onto the internet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement