Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Announcement

Options
  • 12-04-2003 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

A better tomorrow

We, the Boards Liberation Party (BLP) are together making a stand, and will be putting an end to the Axis of Evil of the Administrators.

"You own your words" - DeVore 2003
    But you don't. They the Administrators do.

The main objectives of the BLP are as follows

* Leadership of boards.ie is to be changed from a dictatorship.

* DeVore is to be removed as the "editor" of the letters to the editor board due to him abusing power. A less corrupt person should take his place.

* Give us, the Boards Liberation Party full post rights on the Admin board which will enable us to oversee and approve any new or further changes to boards.ie as the peoples representative

* All new threads started are to have an option to disallow replies from Moderators and Administrators.

* Boards.ie must share out equally, all money raised by advertising and the supporters pack to all
    current members.

* No words are to be censored on boards.ie

* All secret society boards are to be closed, contents left undeleted and unedited and made available to the public.

* Custom tags are to made available to all members for free, and no longer a privilege for presonal friends of DeVore. RED HORN is to be banned.

* The boards.ie Ninja's board is to be created in the After Hours section. Tizlox is to become moderator.

Membership list as of 12th April 2003.

Lenny
    Carbine
    Victor
    Puck
    Amp
    Tizlox
    Beruthiel
    Saruman
    Jeff_Lebowski
    TomTom
    Samba
    Exiztone
    Kaimera
    Sjones
    Azezil
    Bard
    Gandalf/Sean
    Tyrrial
    Ferdi
    Mike65
    Amz

To join us, you can contact us at blp@dublin.com
    To help support the BLP, the official BLP t-shirt will be available from the boards.ie store from Tuesday. Your contribution will help the boards.ie to be a better place.
    Run and you will live, fight and you may be banned. And many years from now, lying by your computer. How many of you will be willing to trade all of the days from this day to that. In order to come back here and tell the Administrators that you may oppress our lives, but you will never take, our freedom!

Make a stand now with us and wear the BLP logo in your signature.

ironcross.gif

Boards Liberation Party.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

1 Click
    2 Click
    3 Click
    4 Click
    5 Click
    6 Click
    7 Click
    8 Click
    9 Click
    10 Click
    11 Click
    12 Click

Good Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rofl

You forgot to post in the most important board

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm amazed it hasn't been posted in this board tbh.

Maybe he taught it would be best if he didn't upset B ubbles.
    I heard B ubbles can get really grumpy when his board is spamed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Banned for spamming 19 (that I saw) boards with identical posts. I removed all the threads that had no replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

B.ubbles you have to stop using b-words as you troll accounts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yes Victor, I'm obviously the leader of this great BLP thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Why is my name on that list? We are not amused!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thank God i've been preserved...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 freedomF

Originally posted by ecksor
    Banned for spamming 19 (that I saw) boards with identical posts. I removed all the threads that had no replies.

This is un true.

We posted on one board only. Please remove the ban.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

newnicksamecrap.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

actually its kinda funny to see bubbles be blammed for everything... hoist by your own petard? you're just too good at it *******!

Though to be fair this lacks a certain bubblicious je ne sais quoi!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hey I'm on that list! Why am I on that list? I'm not a ninja! I'm on a LIST! WHY AM I ON A LIST? WHO PUT ME ON A LIST! Stupid BLiP!

grr...

oh, he's been banned. alright then.

[edit]: whoops, thought that was a list of ninjas...

Obviously, I'm not a member of "BLP" either. Stupid spammers that they are.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I've just ignored that list. Obviously rubbish. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well of course its me:ninja: i am the ninja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Bard
    Hey I'm on that list! Why am I on that list? I'm not a ninja!
    It's because you're not a ninja. :ninja:

You cannot suppress TheNinjaLeague™

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by freedomF
    This is un true.

We posted on one board only. Please remove the ban.

You posted on 19 that I saw, and there was 18 left by the time I got around to removing the ones with no replies. I removed 15, leaving 3, this one, the after hours one, and the one on For Sale (which I locked). I think someone went to a lot of trouble to do something that could have been funny, and is now a bit annoyed because they ruined it by spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

why is everyone connecting the ninja league with this stupid BLP thing?? this is crap. just because they've cited the ninja forum as an objective doesn't mean the rest of us ninjas want to be associated with it. the REAL ninjas expressed they wanted the ninja forum before the BLiP* raised its ugly arse.

DOWN WITH THE BLiP

*credit goes to Bard for coining this term

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by woolymammoth
    *credit goes to Bard for coining this term

Thanks.

Nice to know I'm useful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Rabies
    1 Click
    2 Click
    3 Click
    4 Click
    5 Click
    6 Click
    7 Click
    8 Click
    9 Click
    10 Click
    11 Click
    12 Click

adminwithagun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The BLP

We the BLP would like to make a number of clarifications regarding our existence.
    But first we would like to thank all those who have mailed us expressing their support. You will receieve a reply shortly. But more importantly we wish to address those who’s emails to us expressed a concern about our motives and the very reason for our existence.

We are many. We have several mods in our ranks. We are not here to cause trouble. We are here to prevent future troubles. Boards.ie in many ways is like a dictatorship. We beleive that it should be more like the USA. A democracy, in the envy of others because of the way it works. Like the USA we are under the belief that all power must be balanced. The USA has the Supreme Court, The Presidency and the house of representatives. All three work together to ensure that the will of the people via the constitution is up held and that no one party or individually has too much power. And as such we are the third arm of Boards.ie. We are here to help the community. We are friends of the people. We come from your ranks. Many of your ranks have shown us support. We do not have any ulterior motives. We are here for the good of boards. At the moment 6 boards are in total control with BLP moderators and another 4 boards which are shared with other moderators who have not yet pledged alligience to the BLP. These are liberated boards, and will be moderated in accordence to BLP rules and guidelines. The identity of the moderators and members has to remain classified at the moment, due to the risk of victimisation from the Administrators, and only when you have pledged your support and loylaty to the BLP will such information, and all information regarding the BLP will be made freely available. To contact the BLP, please mail blp@dublin.com

One of the main focuses of we the BLP is DeVore's influence on Boards.ie. We the BLP are not happy with the Administrators involvement with the Boards.ie Socity "The Freemasons". The BLP have received a copy of every thread started on the Freemadons and demand an explination of the behaviour of certain Administrators and powerfull moderators in regard to their actions and accusations to other innocent Boards.ie members. We the BLP welcomed the downfall of this socity, starting with the aparent losing of 6 leading members, flared only by faked actions of a Freemason member on IRC which flared and caused a division in the socity. And we at the BLP also demand you to answer - What was the point of that forum? These are the very people who have a too powerfull infulence in boards.ie, and we, the BLP do not want to see Boards.ie self destruct like the faith of the Freemason board.
    Many comparisons can be drawn between our birth on Boards.ie and the current situation In Iraq. The war is nearly over. The rebuilding must continue. We wish to be the friends of the Administrators. Someday soon, we aspire to have Admin access to Boards.ie. The Administrators are nice people. We make no bones about that. It is the power that needs to be addressed. Much like bouncers and the effect that power has on them. Would you not like to see a body that you could contact if you were refused access to some club by a bouncer? If the answer to that question is yes, then think of us as that same type of organization but for your rights on Boards.ie. We would very like the Administrators to remain having an active roll in Boards.ie, indeed the many hours of work done by Administrators, especially Regi, in their free time will still receive the appreciation from all members and help keep us a non-profit organisation.

We the BLP also want to request at this time to have an custom tag of "BLP Representative" for and FreedomFand I, and "BLP Member" given to all BLP members when details become public. We also demand our rightfull access to the Admin forum, as the peoples voice.
    No excuses. Just do it.

And much like the current war in Iraq one should be careful of the propaganda. We are not evil. Our motives are good. Any attempts to tarnish our cause will be refuted with evidence on a lie by lie basis.

The Boards Liberation Party.

Please look at my sig.

Ok, got that?

Now one more thing

Go away (again)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Strange how my name is the first on the list, I had no knowledge of this existance..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

so, this is some kind of new game? right? or joke? to keep everyone interested... right? DeVore, Regi, somebody... tell me thats what this is!!!

/me does Homer running away and crying like a schoolgirl

its the monthly "foight teh powa" muppet. Curiously, he's early this month.

DeV.

One of the main focuses of we the BLP is DeVore's influence on Boards.ie. We the BLP are not happy with the Administrators involvement with the Boards.ie Socity "The Freemasons". The BLP have received a copy of every thread started on the Freemadons and demand an explination of the behaviour of certain Administrators and powerfull moderators in regard to their actions and accusations to other innocent Boards.ie members.

Cracking stuff!

"We've seen secret stuff we cant show you but we're suitably outraged and the only proof you need is our righteous indignation!"
    Many comparisons can be drawn between our birth on Boards.ie and the current situation In Iraq.

You're right. There are comparisions.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmmm.....I think Q has gotten a mind of his own and come back to destroy Cloud and DeVore. His efficiency at multiple spamming is not unlike that of Q's spamming, and he never responds to other posters.....just like Q ó_0 <
    suspicious eyebrow raising thingie.

It's a pity though someone put in this much effort, and didn't even get their facts right*

*Everyone knows 'the Knights' sekritly run boards.ie mwuhahahahaha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

BWAHAAA!

it seems the ranks of kittencake has slipped their grasp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sky News flash : Arms inspectors begin searching of Boards.eye eeee headquarters for weapons of mass posting :p

Advertisement