Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn camping/spamming..

Options
  • 13-04-2003 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well your team captured all the flags, what should you do?

A) Defend those flags, make a game out of the rest of the map.

B) Go spam the enemy spawn. Shit, we rushed in the first 5 seconds getting all the points, we're allowed just spam them as they spawn till the map ends.

Well its starting to get lame, a few certain people (just the one comes to mind) will spam spawn as soon as they own all the flags, then defend themselves with "Stop crying. We own all the flags, what else is there to do?". Personally its a much better game when everyone can spawn, get their shit together and go attack the defended flags.

What do you think? Should rules against this be inforced on the Irish server? Should the admins deal with such lemons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I hate spawn camping with a vengance.

Played on a server the other day and a admin was playink too.
    We were getting owned as they had all teh flags and then spawn camped like whores.

Admin warned then kicked and banned the ****s.

tbh, it should be enforced on all maps.

Spawn camping is a sad way of upping a personal score.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I dont like spawn camping. Though there are the differant forms of it:

1) Capming as a sniper etc. or in a tank/apc over looking the enemy base picking them off as they spawn - BAD
    2) Flying over in the chelly whopper take a shot. This is good but only if done once, when i was on Friday (With some others) a hoe hepy flying over and over us lacing us with the Apache and Hind.. that was BAD
    3) Moving close to the base but not close enough to spawn rape GOOD(ish)

Its allright i think to move towards the base, but not colse enough to spawn rape them. If you do move close to the enemy base, if the enemy is smart enough, they can attempt a pincer move.

Its only when your so close that its spawn raping thats its bad. Look at Wake however. If the US/Coalition have all but one flag they must attack that one flag in order to win the map quckly. Its a tricky subject to talk about as in some maps you much assauly the last enemy flag to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i hate spawn camping myself, in most other games.

but in bf i dont mind it that much, i myself have been known to partake in some camping of the spawn, most enjoyable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The worst is when they sit at an ammo bag and just throw infinate grenades into your spawn, some maps are total gits for this, as the whole team spawns in a small area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    I dont mind it tbh.
    Whats the differance between camping a base or camping another spawn point? I sat in the windmill this afternoon and got 40 snipes :)
    Spawn...bang
    Spawn..run..bang
    Spawn...hit the deck..bang.
    (
    The only reason for this "success": You've played with _newbies_ (duck) :D

Normaly you have no chance to kill the soldiers with the sniper on a spawn point.
    when I spawn I run and jumb immediately, you will get maybe one hit and then I will get you (always remeber: good sniper positions are known amongst players :D )
    When a player spawns and then stand and have a relaxed look, maybe unfold his lunch packet it is his fault when he gets killed!

For me spawn camping means: some "funny and intelligent" players goes to the enemy base and sits on the repair pod and kills.
    How fair!
    He doesn't support his team (he takes no flags), he just want to raise his kill-rate.
    Kick these guys from the server!

It is fair play, when your team has all flags, then protect the flags and let the others come...
    So they have a chance to re-group and attack.

I have absolut no problem when a plane fly over the enemy base and destroy planes/tanks and kill players. Thats is normal gameplay. Also stealing of enemy vehicles is ok.
    But not go in their hangar, wait and kill.

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It depends on the map, but generally I hate spawn camping. There is nothing (in the game) I hate more than respawning in the ole barn yoke and getting shot before I even know I've respawned.

The choppers can be *too* good. You respawn, run out, die.

Agree with Winters though. Getting close-ish is okay, but sitting in the houses/barn/whatever while people spawn and kill them immediately is just lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by koneko
    but sitting in the houses/barn/whatever while people spawn and kill them immediately is just lame.

YOU'RE LAME!

Also I like to spawn camp with a SCUD launcher.

Word.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You scare me sometimes.

Just a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I play with the aim to complete the map as soon as possible while scoring a win for my team (reasonable no?).

Sometimes this ends up getting me accused of spawn camping.

For instance, in Bocage (standard BF) a while back we were playing against a good allied team, but eventually beat them back to one spawn point, the church.

We then had to cover the area and move in to cap the Flag while defeating the 32 enemy players spawning every couple of seconds. Of course loadsa of them were getting killed and we got sweared out of it for spawn camping. In that case, we were not spawn camping, we HAD to cap the point to win. Unfortunately they broke out, but I cant help but think that some of our own team also thought it was spawn camping, and never bothered helping.

On the other hand..
    Kharkov (or Kursk dammit, the one with 2 cap points, Lumber yard and the other one) is such a small map its seriously prone to spawn camping. Usually one team gets the upper hand two thirds of the way thru the game and starts moving on the enemy spawn point. In this map I dont have a problem about "spawn killing". The Developers obviously made the map this small knowing what would happen. Besides, it really is so small that 2 Artys and a Tank can successfully kill everything in the base spawn point from the "spawn friendly" hill in the center of the map. Moving in for a closer kill may be seen as spawn camping, but really its just putting you at risk, you could do as much damage from a little further back.

Either way, the team that looses both points and cannot retrieve them quick enough to prevent this has already lost the round.

On the flip side, I quite enjoy killing n00bs parked on the Repair bays. The Engys exp pack is there for a reason.

Matt

• Advertisement
Advertisement