Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free premiership footy on Sat(analogue)!

• 13-04-2003 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I found this on another forum....

quote:
    "If you've got an old analogue dish and reciever you can get free football (un-encrypted) from a Turkish channel (TV8) at the weekends".

This weekend:
    Saturday
    Man U V Liverpool (12.30)
    Villa V Arsenal (3.00)
    Sunday
    Everton V Newcastle (21.55) delayed
    Monday
    Fulham V Blackburn (20.00)

Sat details:
    Eurasiasat 42º E
    11.838 V

"A 60cm dish is good enough,
    I just put my old dish on the patio for the games".

See this website for more details:
    http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is old news now it is going over 4 weeks now. The next live game is the Arsenal v Man Utd on Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

my analogue receiver is useless when trying to tune in things because i can't key in the numbers, only go to the nearest transponder, select polarisation and basically fine tune until i can get a signal

the only channel i would have any hope of seeing while turning the dish is Cine 5/Fantasy on 11.006 V. this channel isn't FTA but encrypted in Nagravision. what does this channel look/sound like on an analogue Videocrypt decoder. thank you

:ninja: might as well use it :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You might find that channels above 32 or 50 can be tuned. I have a Nokia and a Ferguson that allow tuning the higher channels but only fine tune on the "original" Astra 1 transponders for Sky Analog. www.satcure.co.uk even has upgrade 24LC16 etc eeprom parts with updated SW for some analog Philips/Grundig/Nokia that are really Pace. (And various Pace).

videocrypt decoder ignores anything not videocrypt.

Some pace boxes I have actually allow you to turn off decoder (which used to allow viewing of German MTV, as it was really FTA with a fake videocrypt signal to scramble the picture on UK /ROI boxes!)

The Amstrad SRD400 I did following:
    Unplugged videocrypt daughter cpu card entirely and looped (shorted) the centre cores (video in and out) of the 4 pin rear connector. left other connectors disconnected.

Removed PSU transformer and rectifyer diodes and shorted LNB supply in to main supply to run of 12V external Battery or Car (Can't do H/V any more, rotate LNB by hand 90 degrees)
    Now a portable Analog Sat Receiver (with LNB) or an ATV 1.3GHz receiver (with LNA and yaggi).

Analog syster/nagravision is a load of jagglies. Unlike videocrypt you can make out shapes of stuff, vaguely.

You can decode it on PC at about 1 frame a minute (Hardly serious piracy threat!) via video capture on a Win TV card etc.

i have a Nokia 790 IRD or something like that. it allows me to tune and store on channel numbers 70 - 120. i found the channel today and have it stored on channel 99

are there any other sites like http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i have an old sky system, pace box and dish. I am going to put it in the garden but was wondering is the lnbs position higher or lower than that of the sky lnb (28.8) Cos hopefully i can just put it on the grass.

Regards

Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

vertical angle is about 24 degrees for sky (somewhat steeper than dish appears to point). Highest point is about 4W to 8W then dish falls again to further west toward horizon (depending how far east/west you are).

A further east than sky satellite, the dish is angled lower.

Depends how high you boundary walls/hedge is and how wide garden is.

i tuned in all available channels tonight on the West beam and the picture isn't too bad, just a few sparkles when the screen has lots of red on it. i can't find Star TV though. what size dish is required for the S1 beam

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

The Amstrad SRD400 I did following:
    Unplugged videocrypt daughter cpu card entirely and looped (shorted) the centre cores (video in and out) of the 4 pin rear connector. left other connectors disconnected.

Removed PSU transformer and rectifyer diodes and shorted LNB supply in to main supply to run of 12V external Battery or Car (Can't do H/V any more, rotate LNB by hand 90 degrees)
    Now a portable Analog Sat Receiver (with LNB) or an ATV 1.3GHz receiver (with LNA and yaggi).

Alas, I can't find the button on the remote to do that, but I wonder does anyone know of a way to see live premiership at 3pm on Sat just by using the common or garden mini-dish?
    (BTW, only joking Watty- but seriously, would really like to see Utd vs Blackburn tomorrow)

MRed

Advertisement