Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another stupid question

Options
  • 13-04-2003 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

this question is even stupider then the last one, but....

is it possible to get ADSL over a split line? (the kind that only lets you get 28k over a dialup connection):confused:

thanks,
    andrew.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by andrew163
    this question is even stupider then the last one, but....

is it possible to get ADSL over a split line? (the kind that only lets you get 28k over a dialup connection):confused:

thanks,
    andrew.

No, quality and noise is to bad to allow a decent service. you line will fall the test each time. Advise, take a hammer to the dac box. when they come to fix it, insist on a new real line.:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Advise, take a hammer to the dac box. when they come to fix it, insist on a new real line.

LOL

now, to find the damn thing........

if I just asked them nicely to remove it (cos the other half of the line isnt even being used), would they do it?

thanks again,
    andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i think they would have to replace it cos arent split lines illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

yeah its illegal, good luck in getting them out to actually fix the thing...

expect a long long wait and hours and hours on the phone..

other options would be to get ISDN, but since ur on about dsl nevermind :D

baz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by BArra
    yeah its illegal

I don't think it is. You'll find more info on the IrelandOFFLine forum, but basically they aren't "illegal" ... just their use is a grey area... they are only to be used within reason to supply service .. of course how you define "within reason" is open to all sorts of discussion. I could be wrong, but I think thats the consensus of the experts over on IoffL.

.cg

• Advertisement
Advertisement