Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet dsl modem connection port?

• 13-04-2003 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what port of my pc the ethernet dsl modem will connect to when I get it. Can I just connect it to my LAN card (I won't be using them both at the same time anyway) or do I have to buy a special card adaptor or do I connect it to a serial port like my SupraExpress 56e external?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

to ur LAN

baz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Will the quality of my LAN card affect the quality of my connection in anyway and does my comp automatically detect the modem through the card? I just have a standard 100mb NetGear card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Nope, your network experience is dependent on the slowest part, that's your DSL connection.

The only issue with LAN speed will be when you have more than one machine to do inter-machine copying and the like - even then, 100Mbps as more than ample.

Advertisement